Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy nylon block/rod in sligo

Options
  • 08-09-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi folks
    I need to purchase a block of nylon for milling a shape out of. Is there any place that retails these? I thought maybe connacht gold or brookes?
    (needs to be about 70mm dia and about 7 - 10 mm height)
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

there's a place in the market yard that does a lot of nuts, bolts, gas fittings etc... he might not have it but would prob be able to point you in the right direction. i can't think of the name of the business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

promethius wrote: »
    there's a place in the market yard that does a lot of nuts, bolts, gas fittings etc... he might not have it but would prob be able to point you in the right direction. i can't think of the name of the business

I'd say you mean WEB. Would think your best chance is any toolmaker or turner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

if you can wait a day or two either for delivery the farnell website could be worth checking. www.farnell.com

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

Cant believe I didnt think of WEB i live right opposite it!!
    Also I was in conn gold this morning and forgot to ask about it, bloody one track mind.. will try WEB tomorrow.
    Thanks folks

Advertisement