Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Katia

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Just coming through Lifford and it seems very calm, slight breeze is about the height of it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Reasonably well settled in the twin towns but there is still a breeze and it gusts the odd time but nothing serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

In a strange turn of events, the wind managed to take the door off my (locked) electricity meter. Other than that it hasn't been so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

danthefan wrote: »
    In a strange turn of events, the wind managed to take the door off my (locked) electricity meter. Other than that it hasn't been so bad.
    The guys reading the meters are never overly concerned about closing them properly again so it doesnt take much of a wind at times to remove the meter cabinet door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I thought the storm in May was worse...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

It was bad enough here at times on Monday some strong gusts it broke the power line to the house and that's the first time that happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

Penfailed wrote: »

agreed and far less fuss about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Penfailed wrote: »

True, cost me two grand in damage. Caught me completely off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Didn't hear as many stories of trampolines blowing away this time round, maybe they all blew away and just not been replaced or people learned to turn them upside down and weigh them down then!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Think they prepared us for worse just to be safe.

Lot of hype about nothing much tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Trees out the back are still half dead from the May storm, it was much much worse than Katia. Especially the way it just happened out of nowhere!

Advertisement