Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc increase

• 08-09-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

has anyone got this

got a text form upc to say increase in speed then two days later i got text saying my bill ws due and the price had gone up, without asking can they do this any views

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You should have received a letter about it, they sent them out over a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭faolteam

im positive

if i threaten to move to sky do u think they will back down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No. You are free to leave the service now since UPC have changed the terms of the contract.

Sky don't offer broadband anyway, so they're not going to believe you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭faolteam

eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hitbit

Yep I think you are correct in saying they may not be bothered by threats about switching to Sky especially in my case as I have have all their services along with 3 additional " multiroom " points. Sky simply cannot compete nor even come close to UPC's pricing. So it looks like my best option is to drop my movies and sports packages.

Hitbit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,486 ✭✭✭Nollog

They're increasing the price?
    They upgraded me to 150mbit for free.
    They said they're changing their phone call rates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

/\/ollog, before hitbit posted in this thread yesterday, all posts were in Sept 2011. so relax, no price increase at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Twenty10 wrote: »
    /\/ollog, before hitbit posted in this thread yesterday, all posts were in Sept 2011. so relax, no price increase at the moment

There is a price increase due in the summer, it was reported in the papers during the week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Twenty10 wrote: »
    so relax, no price increase at the moment

Oh yes there is; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056930319

I got an email with an €8 increase per month, just a few days after agreeing a 12 month contract at a fixed rate. I'm waiting a response to my query about their breach of contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

• Advertisement
Advertisement