Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on my overclockers.co.uk build ?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Ok so after hardwareversand turning out to not be worth the hassle for me at least anyway i decided to purchase off of overclockers.co.uk as it didn't appear to be much more expensive. Let me know what you guys think :).

Here are the specs:

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT Visionary Full Tower Case - Black

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K 3.40GHz Quad Core Processor

Overclock: Stage 5: MAX OC OF ENTIRE SYSTEM - (CPU, RAM Graphics all OCd to maximum 24/7 Stability)

CPU Cooler: Akasa Venom CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Z68

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz C8 Memory Kit

GPU: OcUK GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5

GPU 2(SLI): OcUK GeForce GTX 580 1536MB GDDR5

HARD DRIVE:Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache

BLU-RAY/DVD DRIVE: LG BH10LS30 10x BluRay-RW / 16 x DVD±RW Drive

Power Supply: Corsair Pro Gold AX1200W

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Network Adapter: TP Link 300Mbps Wireless-N USB Adapter

Fully Cable Managed.

Bought using this configurator: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/syscon_int.php?prodid=FS-282-OK

This system is gonna be overclocked to maximum stability so it's gonna be even more of a beast.

I do intend to pick up an ssd in the future however at the moment i don't feel the need for one.

Let me know what you guys think :).

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'd add the SSD now, as reinstalling windows from scratch is a bit of a hassle. Apart from that it looks good. Total overkill, but I'm sure you knew that already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah pretty crazy that you don't have an ssd in there! Both the gfx cards are out of stock on the configurator btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CrazyGamer95

deconduo wrote: »
    I'd add the SSD now, as reinstalling windows from scratch is a bit of a hassle. Apart from that it looks good. Total overkill, but I'm sure you knew that already ;)

Yeah definitely overkill however i wanna max everything at comfortable frame rates i know one card would do it but still i don't wanna change cards for at least another 2 years.

The cpu and the motherboard and pretty much everything else will last me for quite some time and also i already ordered the pc.

And tbh i barely had enough for this as it is.

I have been saving for this pc for a year so i will just put windows on the ssd when i get it i can deal with the hassle when the time comes.

Im sure i will survive without the ssd for a few months :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 CrazyGamer95

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah pretty crazy that you don't have an ssd in there! Both the gfx cards are out of stock on the configurator btw.

Yeah im aware the cards are out of stock but i ordered anyway as i can wait for them to get the cards back in im sure they will get them in soon.

About the ssd i barely had enough for this build as it is and i prefer more storage so in a few months i will purchase the ssd and just re install windows on it.

At the moment the 7200rpm hard drive should give me good speed in games so i will survive without the ssd until i can afford it :).

Advertisement