Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a blender?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    I'm looking to get a decent small blender for not too high a price. I just want it for fairly straightforward things - smoothies, soups etc. The kitchen is small so it being compact and handy to store is a plus.

I don't want something with a million parts, because they won't be used and will get in the way.

If anyone has any recommendations I'd appreciate it :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would recommend a Handblender with the blender attachment.
    I have a couple of the Braun ones an older MR550CA and a newer MR6550 BCHC version that came with a large and small blender as well as the stickmix version.
    To be honest its one of the most used appliances apart from the kettle.
    The stick mix is great for soup in the pot and easy to clean, the large litre blender is great for things like salsa and breadcrumbs and the small blender is good for nuts seeds and small quantities of things that would be too small to be processed properly in the large blender.
    The whisk is great for pancakes and batters...
    It really is a very versatile machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I don't know what size you are looking for, but I recently got the Gordon Ramsay Cooks 3-in-1 Hand Blender which I am very happy with. It feels sturdy and comes with three attachments. The reviews online seem to be fairly positive, which is usually a good sign.

Advertisement