Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alumni

Options
  • 08-09-2011 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭

does your ucd email account expire after leaving UCD (or within a few years)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I don't think so, or at least I hope not :P Just graduated myself so confirmation would be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

Its hit and miss. Some seem to have their accounts for years after and other have found them deleted less than 12 months after graduation.

Probably best to setup a new one because if ITS lock it you'll have to ask for them to temporarily re activate it to download personal mails.

You don't want to have it on a CV for it to bounce when a potential employer sends an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I was officially told 100 days after graduation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

are ucd the only university now allowing their graduates to keep their ucd emails? there alumni association will never get a penny out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

If you join the alumni association you get a permanent email.

I don't think its the same as UCD Connect.

I don't know if many colleges let you keep the email..... Apart from one...

• Advertisement
Advertisement