Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No one can seem to pick up today fm or 2fm

Options
  • 08-09-2011 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Anyone I know cant pick up today fm or 2fm, radio kerry and spin sout west are interfering with it! Anyone know whats going on its driving me mad! Its not just my radio, its the cars, work, home phone and im not the only person! It might come back for a bit but goes again! Id rather kick myself in the face than listen to radio kerry and spin south west!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Transmitter maint according to today fm earlier. Said cork and kerry were out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Yeah was the same for me all day and yesterday evening too... rather annoying indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Thanks guys, hope they sort it asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Spin SW, surely the worst radio station of all time?!!
    The Lowdown,
    The Showdown,
    Spintalk..... It's radio for retards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Vain wrote: »
    Thanks guys, hope they sort it asap!

Due to be out again next week 9am - 5pm Monday - Wednesday - may not be all day depending on weather. If its windy they cant work on the mast - Mullaghanish transmitter near Ballyvourney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Its very funny listening to a mashup of radio kerry and spin southwest when tuned into Today FM as they are the 2 stations i refuse to listen to for exactly opposite reasons. And the mashup sounds better than either:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The Lowdown,
    The Showdown,

Dont forget the 5 word weather forecast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

It is f**cking raining, again.

seriously though this is very annoying, fix that transmitter Asap lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

look out the "spinnies" may be lurking about;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The Lowdown,
    The Showdown,

I'd rather put a skewer in both ears than listen to that sh1te!

...another one of their attempts at appealing to whoever listens to them is to use slammer instead of prison when they're reporting a court-case.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

When in Killarney I can sometimes pick up Corks' 102-103 & 96fm also.They are okay and not as bad as Spin or RadioK tbh.

Anyone know when the transmitter is 'supposed' to be fixed by?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thank christ newstalk isn't effected, for me it only seems to go down from around 12-4/5. Least I can tune back into today fm for Matt Cooper. Shame that god awful 2fm can't do a disapearing act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

kerry4sam wrote: »
    When in Killarney I can sometimes pick up Corks' 102-103 & 96fm also.They are okay and not as bad as Spin or RadioK tbh.

Anyone know when the transmitter is 'supposed' to be fixed by?

Raidio Na Gaeltachta News says it should be completed by end of next week -- but we've heard the same scéal several times before. :(

http://m.rte.ie/aertel/mobilexhtml/169-2.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

lottpaul wrote: »
    Raidio Na Gaeltachta News says it should be completed by end of next week -- but we've heard the same scéal several times before. :(

http://m.rte.ie/aertel/mobilexhtml/169-2.html

Great :rolleyes: End of next week?

It's amazing once you get used to something at all and when something happens, it's like :eek:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I picked up Today Fm today thank christ I couldnt stick another 10 Spin hits in a row :)

Advertisement