Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crèche and naughty corner

• 08-09-2011 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

to any one who has children in Crèche, are they allowed to put a child in the naughty corner/chair?

Just asking because i was walking my 3 year old to the shop (which is next door to her Crèche) and she suddenly said "No daddy i dont like naughty corner"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I don't have a child in créche but my Childcare students keep diaries and lots of the créches use naughty steps or a thinking corner. They have to have some system in place for a large group of kids.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a 2 year old,we have no naughty step or chair and neither did her play school.
    Yet she told me that "name" was on the naughty chair in school.
    We do have do sit on the stairs and think if we are very naughty though:)

Talk to your daughters school but if she is anything like mine, sometimes her version of reality is not fact!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

A coworker of mine has a little girl who was always being put in the naughty corner in creche before she even turned two. The creche even suggested to her that she should do it at home too so there would be consistency in her punishments. My coworker agreed and brought in the naughty corner at home too.

I have a two year old in creche and would hate the idea of them putting him in a naughty corner in creche. But when you have a room full of small children there needs to be boundaries. As a parent you need to feel comfortable with the way they discipline your child.

Maybe it would be worth discussing the issue with the creche to see why she ends up in the naughty corner and for how long.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Our crèche has a time out area which gives the kids a chance to be separated and cool down if they get a bit too riled up. It works well and the threat of it usually has the desired effect if junior is being bold. Our little fella loves to tell us who has been in "time out" even if it turns out they were just nearby :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My 2 year old is in a College creche here in cork, they were instructed last year (according to some HSE guideline we got in their packs) to not use the naughty corner/step anymore, apparently its no longer acceptable to use.

instead the new policy is they distract and use positive language to reinforce positive behavior!

• Advertisement
Advertisement