Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

following threads

Options
  • 08-09-2011 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

I follow a few threads in the click down my forums,I cant seem to add any more to it,I have 7 threads there at the moment is there a limit as i would like to add some more, Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Can you tell us the exact wording of the error message you get when you are in a thread you want to follow, and you click "Thread Tools" > "Follow this Thread"? Do you get the same error message if you try another browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I don't get any error message,

When I press follow this threads tool bar I expect it to be added to the threads that drop down in my forums, That is not happening ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I think you could be confusing "Follow this Forum" with "Follow this Thread"
    1. When you are in a forum, there is a button to the right hand side of the page which looks like this followforum.jpg

When you click on that button, it adds the forum to your "My Forums" list at the top of the page.
    2. When you are in a forum that is already in your "My Forums" list, and you want to remove it from "My Forums", there is a button to the right hand side of the page which looks like this unfollowforum.jpg

When you click on that button, it will remove the forum from your "My Forums list.
    3. Now, when you are IN a forum, and reading a thread, for example this thread - there is button over to right hand side of the screen which looks like this: followthread_1.jpg

If you click that button, the thread will be added to your "Followed Threads" which can be accessed by going into your User CP Here is the link for your User CP.

4. Once you have decided you no longer wish to follow that thread anymore, click into the thread as if you want to read it, and there is a button over to the right hand side of the screen which looks like this: unfollowthread.jpg

If you click that button, the thread will no longer be on your "Followed Threads" list in your User CP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thanks for that I was a bit confused, sorted now thanks again ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement