Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free reci cert

Options
  • 08-09-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

hi

i heard from a fas instructor that a qualified electrician gets one free cert from reci. does any one know if this is true and if so does a tester come out to test or do you do it yourself

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 avon barksdale

I doubt that very much...

Why don't you ring and ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdesbt

i did they were to check it and get back to me (5 times)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

jdesbt wrote: »
    hi

i heard from a fas instructor that a qualified electrician gets one free cert from reci. does any one know if this is true and if so does a tester come out to test or do you do it yourself

thanks
    I am open to correction on this, but my understanding is that any electrician is/was permitted to certify their own home. I think that this is/was limited to one installation to make it harder to take the p!ss.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

i need a reci cert done for my house .. any offers?

Registered electrical contractors are only permitted to certify their own work (except under exceptional circumstances).

However it is possible to pay the ECSSA or RECI to certify all or part of an installation for you. I am not sure if being a qualified electriccian is a requirement for this. My advice is to phone them and have a chat.

Advertisement