Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show: September 9th 2011

• 08-09-2011 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭

Sharing their stories, and hawking their books this week are:

Ronnie Whelan - Liverpool and Ireland Legend

Sue Johnston - Actress from the Royle family, Waking The Dead, etc

Sir Jimmy Saville - Off Jim'll Fix It, Jingle Jangle, Now then, Now then ...
    Advertised as being a guest, but was not actually on the show

Mahdi al-Harati - Irish Libyan Rebel Commander, who led the Tripoli Brigade into Gadaffi's Compound

Some 'Secret Millionaires' who are promoting RTE's clone of the Channel 4 Series

Music will be from Brian Kennedy and Paul Byrom singing 'Ireland's Call'

Football legend Ronnie Whelan joins us on #latelate tomorrow night, we reveal 3 secret millionaires & Royle family mum Sue Johnson drops in.
    Guests on tonight's 'Late Late Show' at 9.30pm on RTE1 include Mahdi al-Harati, the Irish Libyan rebel leader who led the main rebel brigade into Tripoli, former footballer Ronnie Whelan, and veteran British TV personality Jimmy Saville of 'Jim'll Fix It' fame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

They musta spent all their money on Cuba last week by the looks of this weeks line-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Ronnie Whelan has a book out
    Sue Johnson has a book out
    The Secret Millionaire trio are on an RTE show

All we need is an 'Illness of the week' and that's all the boxes ticked at least once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Announcement

I wish to advise you all that I have developed a serious crush on Mr. Tubridy since seeing him in this picture sporting his spectacles.
    tubs2_959500t.jpg

Going forward, I will not be making any negative comments about my new love ;) Ryan is my very own Mr. D'arcy :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Going forward, I will not be making any negative comments about my new love ;) Ryan is my very own Mr. D'arcy :).

Mr D'orky more like..

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Going forward, I will not be making any negative comments about my new love ;)Ryan is my very own Mr. D'arcy :).

Hmmm. Fair Enough. I don't know why you don't go for the real thing?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8jJJgHUJXyOMT3W99UPyxsAOxYZKmzZvb5_U4teh1AeOh265P

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »

No deal there I'm afraid. Ray is 5ft nothing and I'm nearly 6ft tall ;):)

A direct quote from Ryan Tubridy:
    Ryan Tubridy
    This is the year I hope to make the show my own. With two seasons under my belt, I'm looking forward to getting the show on the road
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/

A strange choice of words - as if he is admitting that he was just coasting along for the last two years?
    Sounds like the recent criticism has hit home if he is declaring that he is finally ready to 'make the show his own'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

A strange choice of words - as if he is admitting that he was just coasting along for the last two years?
    Sounds like the recent criticism has hit home if he is declaring that he is finally ready to 'make the show his own'.

Meh... sounds more like another case of foot-in-mouth for Tubridy. He doesn't think about what he's saying, he might say that if he thought they were the best two seasons ever. And in fairness, other celebrities sometimes say similar nonsense, I could see Gay Byrne potentially saying something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

According to this morning's Irish Indo the line up includes
    ...Mahdi al-Harati, the Irish Libyan rebel leader who led the main rebel brigade into Tripoli, former footballer Ronnie Whelan, and veteran British TV personality Jimmy Saville of 'Jim'll Fix It' fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did anyone else notice the link for Suicide Helplines in that page :eek:

Christ RTE he bad but not that bad :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

giftgrub wrote: »
    According to this morning's Irish Indo the line up includes

Saville can be a cantankerous auld fcuker, hopefully Tubs uses "Google-a-guest" for his research again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Poly wrote: »
    Saville can be a cantankerous auld fcuker, hopefully Tubs uses "Google-a-guest" for his research again.

Jimmy-Saville.jpg

"Now Then,Now Then"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Bet Ray had to stand on a box for that pic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

He gave the hebee jebee's to Louis Theroux alright.
    But Tubridy is a much better class of interviewer, so he should be ok................................................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ronnie Whelan has a book out
    Sue Johnson has a book out
    The Secret Millionaire trio are on an RTE show

All we need is an 'Illness of the week' and that's all the boxes ticked at least once.

I think Whelan's daughter has an illness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

I posted this in the last thread but will post it again, because it's just a perfect example of Tubridy interviewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

goose2005 wrote: »
    I posted this in the last thread but will post it again, because it's just a perfect example of Tubridy interviewing.
    lol, spot on

You can imagine the scene in the Libyan Rebel camp:

"Victory is almost complete - We have seized power and the capture of Gadaffi is imminent. But I must leave you now, I am a guest on The Late Late Show on Friday"

"But Commander Mahdi, did you not see Cuba Gooding Jnr last Friday?
    How do the people of Ireland endure this every week? I know things were bad here, but it must be torture to have to watch that every week"

"Yes General, It is truely a harrowing experience for them, but it is much easier to follow the Boards.ie Late Late Show thread if you actually watch the cursed programme"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I believe Jimmy Saville came in on the Queen Elizabeth Cruise ship this morning. If that's true then his segment will be recorded as it leaves at 9:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

mikom wrote: »
    But Tubridy is a much better class of interviewer, so he should be ok................................................................
    you cant compare Tubs to Louis Theroux, Louis is a master at what he does.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    casio4 wrote: »
    you cant compare Tubs to Louis Theroux, Louis is a master at what he does.

Have you mislaid your sarcasm goggles, Casio4 ? :rolleyes:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think Whelan's daughter has an illness

You're correct Liz. Unfortunately, Ronnie's daughter has a condition called Myasthenia Gravis.

(MG) is an auto-immune disease which causes a breakdown between nerves and muscles and results in loss of effectiveness in the muscles of the arms, legs and eyes.

Saville can be a cantankerous auld fcuker.
    I absolutely loved watching "Jim will fix it" on Saturday afternoons as a young child but I was completely freaked out when I saw the Louis Theroux programme. Saville didn't come out of it looking too good IMO.

Have you mislaid your sarcasm goggles, Casio4 ? :rolleyes:
    no I havn't skid the goggles are firmly on and come 9.30 they will be beer goggles, the only way to watch this show:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

casio4 wrote: »
    no I havn't skid the goggles are firmly on

Give them a wipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm working tonight people, so I wont be here... No, no, dont cry.... dry those eyes and turn that frown :( upside down :) .. I'll be back to contribute a few posts (from one of my many boards.ie account) at 2am.. Enjoy the Tubuse..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭jmcc

I'm working tonight people, so I wont be here... No, no, dont cry.... dry those eyes and turn that frown :( upside down :) .. I'll be back to contribute a few posts (from one of my many boards.ie account) at 2am.. Enjoy the Tubuse..
    You are Ryan Tubridy? By day, plain and unassuming RTE radio celebrity but by night (well Fridays anyway), SuperDork? :) Cue the Southpark clip.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Sue Johnson apparently had a battle with bulimia.

And survived

So its an illness double whammy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

anybody here jim jim doing tele tubbers this morning on fm104

http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/FM104/2011/09/09/SAC-todays.mp3

• Advertisement

Do you like Brian Kennedy?
    Do you like 'Ireland's Call ?'

Well tough, because Brian Kennedy and Paul Byrom will be singing 'Ireland's Call' on tonight's show.

I dont mind Brian Kennedy singing he's not bad but he annoys me when he talks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Will The Savile be smoking a cigar ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Jesus did anyone see Tubers on just before the news. He looked like he was just told the show has lost 150k viewers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh god will have to watch this now.

Jesus did anyone see Tubers on just before the news. He looked like he was just told the show has lost 150k viewers!

The viewers dropped last week because of the football. This week Red or Black will sink him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Another Friday night, another dominatrix in a DLB mask!!!

TUBS.jpg

Copyright: Pat Fitzpatrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Brian Kennedy again. FFS i hate that idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

What does DLB mean :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

xi wrote: »
    What does DLB mean :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    Cuba Gooding Junior

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Will The Savile be smoking a cigar ?
    There will be no smoking in the work place, Tubs is at work ;)

• Advertisement

Cuba Gooding Junior

That makes sense thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The viewers dropped last week because of the football. This week Red or Black will sink him :D

The sooner the better. It's nothing personal as I'm sure he's a decent chap but he's terrible on the Late Late Show. No matter the quality of the guest he's sure to make a bollix of the interview.

The sooner the better. It's nothing personal as I'm sure he's a decent chap but he's terrible on the Late Late Show. No matter the quality of the guest he's sure to make a bollix of the interview.

Be carefull you may be quoted in the Sindo.

Look at the white dress on Dominatrix Jean Butler. Whip me please ! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Arragh, leave the bollox to it, by the look of him he hasn't long left anywhere. I wondher if his ould wife or that yung wan will get the money if he kiks da bukket

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Look at the white dress on Dominatrix Jean Butler. Whip me please ! :D

I dunno does anyone look at the map of Ireland when Jean is doing the weather :D

I dunno does anyone look at the map of Ireland when Jean is doing the weather :D

I focus on the two large islands to the west of Connemara :eek:

NO :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

He'll be up against the US X Factor on TV3 in a few weeks so expect the viewers to drop even further. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Gawd, only Tubridy could have a theme tune from the 50s sound more dated than the original...ugghh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement