Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon 2011 stock sale

• 08-09-2011 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Starts midnight thursday/Friday (probably german time, so in 1 hour). Great time to pick up a bike.

I bought a nerve am 6.0 a few weeks ago, have done the White trail in ballyhoura, a few hours in Ticknock, and a run around Glendalough. It's an amazing bike, no question. I can't speak from personal experience of the road/tri bikes.

Go pick yourself up a bargain!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭le petit braquet

Details at
    http://www.canyon.com/_en/service/news_event.html?nt=2734
    You can order from midnight!

lpb

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Threads merged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭cyco

What's the nerve am like? im trying to decide between the xc and am but i ride with guys who seriously drive the pace on climbs and I don't like to be beaten!

does yours climb ok? and what did you ride before it?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Kildafornia

Sorry I forgot to add a link! thanks for the merge.
    cyco wrote: »
    What's the nerve am like? im trying to decide between the xc and am but i ride with guys who seriously drive the pace on climbs and I don't like to be beaten!

does yours climb ok? and what did you ride before it?

Hi Cyco. It's an amazing bike. I went all-mountain instead of cross-country as I am a big enough guy and I want a strong bike under me (6'1" 85kg) rather than chasing a weight weenie. My AM6 weighs 13.6kg which is pretty good for 150mm full suss. I figure I can lose a kilo off myself easier than off the bike, and I wanted a super-plush ride.

Front is adjustable to 120mm for the climbs, plus lockout for flat bits. The seat is easily dropped too. Propedal on the rear seems very good, I don't notice any pedal bob, and it actually climbs much faster than my mates hard tails on everything except the fire trails, as the rear soaks up the bumps and gives better traction. Weight-wise, climbing the waterfall at Glendalough, and parts of ballyhoura were so steep it's hard to keep the front wheel on the ground, I climbed quicker than my brother's 11.5kg trek ht, and only had to dismount for the steps.

If I had a gripe it's the sram rear derailleur, between 2nd & 3rd gear I't can take a few pedals to actuate. I haven't attempted to fettle it yet as it doesn't happen often. Really it's a small gripe and something I'm sure I can sort. I'm used to shimano, but I must say I like the thumb-thumb action of sram, feels a little more intuitive.

Also, first time with clip-ins on an mtb, bit ropey on wet wood at slow speeds but I'm getting the hang of it!

Then there's the downhill bit, what can I say, I had a grin from ear to ear even after 4 hours in Ballyhoura, and I can tell you me knees and arse weren't as sore as my mates :D It just absolutely soaks up everything you throw at it, the wheels/tyres are like something from a batman film they are so wide. The fox talas fork is high quality kit and just soaks up abuse. The avid brakes are pin sharp with one finger. cables hidden in the frame, anodized black finish, thru-axle quick release, It's an exceptional machine - bring on saturday morning in ballinastoe!

Previous rides carerra vulcan, gt aggressor, trek 6300. Bit of an unfair comparison the spec is much higher

Buy it! I paid €1800 for the AM6 and i'd pay it again in a second. €1600 makes it a steal. If I had €2600 budget today I would get the AM9.0 HS with hammerschmidt yah! Get yourself a spare rear hangar, a tao bottle holder, and the pedals were cheaper from canyon direct than chain reaction or wiggle. I got (and recommend) shimano SH-MP66L shoes with AM45 spd pedals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Kilda, just a few quick questions. Looking at getting nerve 6.0AM myself in this sale.

What size of frame did you get? Roughly how long for delivery?

Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Kilda, just a few quick questions. Looking at getting nerve 6.0AM myself in this sale.

Thanks in advance!

Answer to one of your questions: On Canyon site, click on the bike you are keen on, click on the 'Check Availability' title under the image of that bike...... pop-up box will tell you when you can expect delivery of your bike, it might say, for example CW38, meaning in Calendar Week number 38 (I think we are in week 36 now)

Thanks in advance!

what Sr. Assumpta said for availability. Also there is a size finder on the site, just get your measurements and they will recommend the size for you. It told me I'd fit a large, and I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Thanks in advance!
    what Sr. Assumpta said for availability. Also there is a size finder on the site, just get your measurements and they will recommend the size for you. It told me I'd fit a large, and I do!
    If you think that you might be between sizes the smaller size is more often than not a better fit.

Not particularly relevant to the Nerva AM, I'm 171cm and I have a hardtail Grand Canyon AL in small. I know a guy of similar height (maybe a cm or two taller) who has the Nerve XC in small also.

Gone with the Nerve 6.0AM medium frame. Read about this bike mountain biking uk magazine about 2-3 months ago and wanted one ever since! This offer has given me the final push!

Ding dong!

Gone with the Nerve 6.0AM medium frame. Read about this bike mountain biking uk magazine about 2-3 months ago and wanted one ever since! This offer has given me the final push!

Ding dong!

did you have the balls to go for lime green?
    good purchase you will be most pleased!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Well thats the most I've handed over for one bike. Had to go for it though at that price. Cheeky extra e20 charged for a 'deviating' cassette!

did you have the balls to go for lime green?
    good purchase you will be most pleased!

Have the minerals alright! The colour was out of stock though...boo!

Trying to follow Canyon ordering process. Thought everything was hunky dory when I completed the ordering in Friday, got order confirmation and expected them to take the amount out of my card. Checked account this morning, money still there! Checked the website again and seems I have to wait for a pre-payment invoice? Is this right, payment won't go ahead until I recieve that pre-payment order and give the ok?:confused:

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Well thats the most I've handed over for one bike. Had to go for it though at that price. Cheeky extra e20 charged for a 'deviating' cassette!
    What about this ?
    Checked account this morning, money still there! Checked the website again and seems I have to wait for a pre-payment invoice? Is this right, payment won't go ahead until I recieve that pre-payment order and give the ok?:confused:
    I bought a frameset from them during the TdF last year. IIRC, the payment was acepted and there was no fuss and no need for further communication on my part. Is the bike which you've ordered available immediately or in a couple of weeks (probably yet to be built)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭mo_bhicycle

Im building a winter bike: is it worth paying the extra to get the Ultimate Al frameset instead of the Roadlite?

Hi Lemag, yeah bike availible immediately it said on the site, ready to be shipped. Thats why I'm wondering why my account hasn't been charged and there is nothing pending!

Re the Trek, I bought the frameset on its own.

Im building a winter bike: is it worth paying the extra to get the Ultimate Al frameset instead of the Roadlite?
    Their geometries and weights are different and the wheels and finishing kits seatpost and fork differs with each bike also. One generally gets better value the more one spends.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You're selling a Madone for €1,400 and buying a Canyon for the same price? Does the Madone not fit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

Trying to follow Canyon ordering process. Thought everything was hunky dory when I completed the ordering in Friday, got order confirmation and expected them to take the amount out of my card. Checked account this morning, money still there! Checked the website again and seems I have to wait for a pre-payment invoice? Is this right, payment won't go ahead until I recieve that pre-payment order and give the ok?:confused:

Sounds like you may not have selected the "Credit Card Payment" type when you were processing your order (screen shot attached).

I nearly had the same problem when I was ordering my bike.

SuiteCheex wrote: »
    Sounds like you may not have selected the "Credit Card Payment" type when you were processing your order (screen shot attached).

I nearly had the same problem when I was ordering my bike.

Got an email back from them,
    Quote 'if you have a credit card order with us then payment will be taken from your card when bike is shipped'

Sounds better but I think their system needs tinkering.

• Advertisement

Bo selecta!

Just got an email from Canyon. My bike will be shipped in the next 48 hours.

Fantastic stuff! Now just have to wait for the swelling in my knee to come down in time to ride the bloody thing. AYECARUMBA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Bo selecta! AYECARUMBA!

The 1990s called. They want their superlatives back.

Lumen wrote: »
    The 1990s called. They want their superlatives back.

No dice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

B@LLIX !! ... all bloody Ultimate AL sold out unless you're 8 foot. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Murph100 wrote: »

2012 are available from October (I think), Wonder how much they will increase in price. the reviews for the 2012 model on bike radar are very good, could be a blessing

Not true. Plenty left with a double Crankset, thats the AL 9 in Black I'm talking about. Folk must be forgeting to use the option bar in the top right!

I'm looking for a frameset :(

I'm looking for a frameset :(

Ah ok, Well then buy the whole bike and flog the rest....

Gruppo, you should get E450-e500 minimum
    Wheels and tyres E300 no bother.
    Saddle E50-80
    Bars and stem E80-100
    That should bring you down to the frame sale price. Bit of a gamble though - will you roll the dice?:D

ps its a great bike for the price anyway.

Jaysus, sure the winter would be over by the time I've flogged all that stuff ! :)

• Advertisement

It does illustrate that buying the whole bike your getting a bargain for e1400. If you take the RRP of all the components your just about getting the frame/forks for free - in a kinda way.

Absolutely, its a great deal, but I've got loads of bits lying around to stick on it, hence the frameset.

Also the Athena on the 8.0 is the newer 'Power Torque', which is a dumbed down ( cheaper to manufacture ) version of the original Ultra Torque, so you can only shift one sprocket at a time.

Advertisement