Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Shop stock

Options
  • 08-09-2011 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I'm thinking about opening a xmas shop in my local town, population about 20k. Is there any suppliers in ireland that supply xmas decorations, lights etc on a sale or return basis, with the wholesaler getting paid for only what was sold.

Thanks,
    Sally Floyd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I'd say not a chance in hell. Most irish and English suppliers would take most of their orders February/March for delivery into shops Sept Oct. They would have a little surplus stock but very few hold stock these days. it comes in on a container, pre ordered and put on pallets and sent out to all the shops.
    Also getting credit from a supplier would be extremely difficult. You might be able to pick up rubbish but the discount shops will clear that for f all. People arent going to be buying much decorations either in recession.
    Steer well away imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Not a chance. There is no way you'll find a christmas supplier willing to take back stock after christmas!

The biggest supplier in UK and Ire is premier decorations. You would of had to place your order in February to expect delivery. There's simply no way you'll find any good stock this late. All the good stuff has been ordered while all the rubbish will be left im afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

If you are going ahead with this, try Budget Greetings in Parkwest. You'll have to be set up as a company with vat number etc to trade with them.

The beauty of these guys (and other like fitzpatricks & better buy - all in same area) is you only need to buy what you want. - You will have to pay about 10% above direct purchase rates, but you won't need to buy in huge quantities.

Then the day after xmas, sell everything at half price even if many things will be below cost.

Advertisement