Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24 Hour Returns Policy?

Options
  • 08-09-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I spotted a nice pair of winter boots today however they come with a pretty nice price tag too so haven't quite decided whether or not to purchase them yet.

When I queried the sales assistant on their returns policy I was advised there is a 24 hour returns policy and a credit note would be issued once this time period had elapsed. The policy was also displayed in the shop.

Is this legal or is it at the discretion of the retailer?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Shoes can be funny, you have the opportunity to try them instore, If there's a fault pretty quickly you should take them straight back. Once there worn though it may be hard to return them as the store can't re-sell them.
    Just make sure there the right shoes first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I spotted a nice pair of winter boots today however they come with a pretty nice price tag too so haven't quite decided whether or not to purchase them yet.

When I queried the sales assistant on their returns policy I was advised there is a 24 hour returns policy and a credit note would be issued once this time period had elapsed. The policy was also displayed in the shop.

Is this legal or is it at the discretion of the retailer?

Thanks in advance :)

This returns policy can only apply to 'change of mind' returns.

No law applies to these types of returns so Its up to the retailer what policy they choose.

Fautly items are a whole different story.

Advertisement