Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nate Marquardt making debut at BAMMA 8

• 08-09-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

It seems Nate is ready to fight at BAMMA 8 in December and he might face Paul Daley in his first fight.
    Nate Marquardt will make his BAMMA debut on Dec. 10, the organization announced on Wednesday.

The former UFC middleweight contender, who signed a multi-fight contract with the UK-based organization in July, will compete at BAMMA 8, which will be held at the Capital FM Arena in Nottingham, England. No opponent has been signed for his debut.

This will mark Marquardt's first fight since his release from the UFC in June after the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission ruled that his testosterone levels were too high to compete against Rick Story at UFC Live on Versus 4.

BAMMA 7 takes place this Saturday night in Birmingham, England, and chances are high that if Paul Daley beats Jordan Radev, "Semtex" will be the one to welcome Marquardt to BAMMA.

"I don't think it's any secret that Paul Daley is one of the bigger names here in the UK," Marquardt's manager Lex McMahon told MMAFighting.com on Thursday. "If he wins Saturday, that is a fight we would be interested in."

Speaking of BAMMA 7, the organization announced on Thursday that the card will air live outside the UK and Canada on Facebook. UK fans can watch the main card live on Syfy and Canadian fans can watch it live on The Fight Network. The event will be headlined by Frank Trigg vs. "Judo" Jim Wallhead
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/08/nate-marquardt-to-debut-for-bamma-in-december-interested-in-f/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Can't wait for the Semtex fight this weekend. He's after buying himself some suit. Hopefully he wins and sets up a fight with Nate, a great card this weekend. Will have to Sky plus it and watch it after Rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I had no idea until 10 minutes ago that BAMMA 7 is on The SyFy Channel on Sat night. Ridiculous!

(Also, full undercard and main card are live for free on Facebook)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I had no idea until 10 minutes ago that BAMMA 7 is on The SyFy Channel on Sat night. Ridiculous!

(Also, full undercard and main card are live for free on Facebook)

I also forgot until yesterday, they could do with some more promotion. Admittedly I always see large adverts on the day of the event in the big daily newspapers but it's usually too late then to advertise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Paul Daley weighed in at 176 for tomorrow night, has two hours to lose 5 lbs. Dejavu anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Paul Daley weighed in at 176 for tomorrow night, has two hours to lose 5 lbs. Dejavu anyone?

What does he walk around at??

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    What does he walk around at??

I'd say by looking at him around 190.
    He's built pretty strange too though. Long thick arms and a small torso so I'd say it'd be hard to lose the weight easily.
    Either that or he doesn't give a fuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

He's built pretty strange too though. Long thick arms and a small torso so I'd say it'd be hard to lose the weight easily.

i'd go wit the latter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

He opted against trying to lose the extra few pounds and so he was fined and its now a catchweight bout.
    Paul Daley has failed to make weight for the sixth time in his last 14 fights.

"Semtex" tipped the scales on Friday at 176 pounds for his BAMMA 7 170-pound fight against Jordan Radev. Daley was given two extra hours to lose more weight, but he opted against it.

According to Liam Fisher, BAMMA's head of business development, the sauna at the fighter hotel broke at 2:15 p.m. local time, prior to the 3 p.m. weigh-ins in Birmingham, England. The other 25 fighters on the card successfully made weight.

Fisher said that Daley has been fined a percentage of his purse but refused to say how much. A portion of that purse deduction will be awarded to Radev. The Daley-Radev fight has now been changed to a 176-pound catchweight bout.

Daley weighed 170.4 for a BAMMA 5 title fight in February, 171.75 at Shark Fights 14 in September of 2010, 172 for UFC 108 in January of 2010, 171.5 for MFC 20 in February of 2009 and 174 for MFC 19 in December of 2008.

Headliners Frank Trigg (185.5 lbs) and Jim Wallhead (185) both made weight.

BAMMA 7 will air live outside the UK and Canada on Facebook. UK fans can watch the main card live on Syfy and Canadian fans can watch it live on The Fight Network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Sauna broke down? Wasn't that the excuse last time too?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I swore I read somewhere that 6 others didn't make weight. He seems p.o'd about it on his Facebook anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I think a few guys missed weight the last BAMMA event, and it turned out that the sauna had been on the blink at the hotel.

With a similar excuse coming out this time and if it is true he was the only one who missed then I have no excuse. That said I have little time for him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

He prob just wants to keep the advantage of not cutting over a % of his purse.

Being fined a % but getting the win money is going to be worth more than cutting too much and losing.

Why would you say that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

I wonder will they give Wallhead a crack at Watson now. He's a blown up WW really but it'll be interesting to see what they do next. Could have Jacksons Vs Roughouse for both MW and WW titles with Watson Vs Wallhead and Daley Vs Marquart. It'd make for some card.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Xlami wrote: »
    I wonder will they give Wallhead a crack at Watson now. He's a blown up WW really but it'll be interesting to see what they do next. Could have Jacksons Vs Roughouse for both MW and WW titles with Watson Vs Wallhead and Daley Vs Marquart. It'd make for some card.

Delighted he beat Trigg after Trigg saying he was basically insulted to have to fight him.

Advertisement