Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prob porting Vodafone to Meteor/Abysmal Meteor cus service

Options
  • 08-09-2011 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone else having this problem?

BTW Meteor customer service is absolutely abysmal.
    Me: "How much longer do you expect it will be to have the problem fixed?"
    Meteor: "Don't know."
    Me: "Can someone check and call me back?"
    Meteor: "No."
    Me: "I bought credit for the phone which is not working properly. Can I get a credit to compensate for this."
    Meteor: "It's not up to me."
    Me: "Can you report it to someone that is authorized to decide?"
    Meteor: "No. You have to call another number when the problem is resolved."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ports can go wrong for numerous reasons.

.Vodafones might not be clear to port so there not releasing your number or it may be in a backlog. (this happens quite often on all networks)
    .You may still owe Vodafone money from an I owe you.
    .It may be an account type mis-match and vodafone won't release the number until a correct port request is made.
    . Meteor may not be clear to port in.

Contact Vodafone and make sure there is nothing blocking your from porting and check that they are cleat to port. If everything is ok on that side contact meteor again double check all the details and get them to request the port again. Do it as early as you can tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Vodafone are actually having a lot of issues with porting the last 7 days and have been not clear to port for most of the week, intermittently back online for testing where some ports will complete.

As far as meteor are concerned the port looks fine to them, but nothing they can do as your number is not released, you need to get on to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 david67

Thanks for the responses. I'll try Vodafone. It's PAYG with credit so no money owed or other good reason to hold number. I would like more help from Meteor though, they're the ones I'm trying to give business to and frankly I wouldn't advise anyone to bother.

Advertisement