Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Looking for some advice on Incursions. Gallente ships

Options
  • 09-09-2011 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Im a relatively new player to Eve.
    Have grinded up to level 4 missions but would like to give the new incursions a whirl.
    From what I have read, i need a totally different mindset to do these and get picked for fleet action.

I submitted a thread on the Eve forums but thought i would poke around in here and see if I got any more advice.

Current Toon :http://eveboard.com/pilot/Taur_Ambraelle

Can fly anything up to a BS but Im wondering if I should go with a BS or a BC atm.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly recieved.

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

Well your right to change over, Incursions are much better for isk and enjoyment.

First question is, Do you prefer to shield or armor tank? Incursions are done by two different groups, and chosing which you prefer makes a big difference. Dont worry, you can do either with a mega.

Kinda already answered one of your questions there, yes you'd want to be in a mega bare minimum and looking to upgrade into a navy mega or faction battle ship like the vindicator.

Incursions are more known to be the pvper/older player income, even in highsec. It takes expensive ships and good skills to get into fleets quick, and todo the sites quickly. you could also train for a logi but from looking at your skills your a long way from that (2 months at least) so i'd recommend you perfect your gallente BS/gunnery skills first.

If you need help with fits let me know.

Dathi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Cheer Dathi

Currently Im running Lv 4s in a Domi, I had a mega but that went boom when i was careless one day. :)

Im used to armor tanking but shield would be good too, especially if I got my hands on a Navy Mega, more slots to play with.
    From the feedback on the eve forums, they are suggesting training up to get up to speed in a Vindicator or at least a navy mega and go shield.

By perfecting my BS and guns skills, BS 5 and Heavy Hybrids 5 with Hybrid Spec 5 for instance?

Just to give me an idea of what to aim for.
    I figured that I was a good bit off being able to run Incursions for the monent but Eve seems to be all about planning so its best to get started on these things.

I appreciate the feedback and help.

I would start off with getting all your gunnery support skills to L4, and small, medium and large hybrid to L5 and all the hydrid spec's to L4, get your BS skill to L4. Once you get that all that done then i would train for minmatar BS 4 so your ready for the vindi, then you can perfect all the skills if you like. You might also want to work on a little bit of your shield skills if you want to shield tank, but should take more than a few days.

Shield Mega-
    Damage Control II
    Magnetic Stabilizer II
    Magnetic Stabilizer II
    Magnetic Stabilizer II
    Tracking Enchancer II
    Tracking Enchancer II
    Tracking Enchancer II

Phonton Scattering Field II
    Invulnerability Field II
    Invulnerability Field II
    Large Shield Extender II

Modal Mega Neutron Particle Accelerator I
    Large 'Regard' Power Projector

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
    Large Core Defence Field Extender I

Garde I
    Garde I
    Garde I
    Garde I
    Garde I

DPS = 1100
    EHP = 94k
    resist = 76% 70% 73% 77%

Resistance is very important in incursions, the EHP doesnt really matter especially with BS's.

Dathi

That looks pretty solid, cheers Dathi.

I found this website which might have some useful information on it for others looking at this thread.

http://incursions.nexsoft.de/?mode=guide&sid=1

Can you get podded on Incursion missions?

Also, whats the pay off work out at. Ive seen the theory but Im not sure how long it takes to do each of the steps/missions.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Redfox25 wrote: »
    Can you get podded on Incursion missions?

Also, whats the pay off work out at. Ive seen the theory but Im not sure how long it takes to do each of the steps/missions.

Cheers

10 people (max) running a vanguard site will gain 10.5mil each for every vanguard site they complete. Depending on your setup they can average between 4-15 minutes each to complete between payouts.

^^ that's in high sec only.

You can be podded ANYWHERE but the incursion rats won't pod you just players.

I normally run them in gangs of 11, yes you make less isk but in the long run you make more as its easier having one more DPS for contesting sites and my average is 4-5mins for a site.

I would start off with getting all your gunnery support skills to L4, and small, medium and large hybrid to L5 and all the hydrid spec's to L4, get your BS skill to L4. Once you get that all that done then i would train for minmatar BS 4 so your ready for the vindi, then you can perfect all the skills if you like. You might also want to work on a little bit of your shield skills if you want to shield tank, but should take more than a few days.

Shield Mega-
    Damage Control II
    Magnetic Stabilizer II
    Magnetic Stabilizer II
    Magnetic Stabilizer II
    Tracking Enchancer II
    Tracking Enchancer II
    Tracking Enchancer II

Phonton Scattering Field II
    Invulnerability Field II
    Invulnerability Field II
    Large Shield Extender II

Large 'Regard' Power Projector

Large Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Garde I
    Garde I
    Garde I
    Garde I
    Garde I

DPS = 1100
    EHP = 94k
    resist = 76% 70% 73% 77%

Resistance is very important in incursions, the EHP doesnt really matter especially with BS's.

Dathi

I can now fit this package.
    Im coming out with 900 dps from eft with my current skills, im still lacking in large hybrid training a bit which will lower my dps.

Is it me or are there less incursions on atm.
    Or are folks mopping them up faster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭B0 SELECTRA

train for logi quickest way to get into fleets peole normally have to much dps ships and need logi :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

What are peoples opinions of running incursions in a drake? Any recommended builds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Kazuma wrote: »
    What are peoples opinions of running incursions in a drake? Any recommended builds?

You'll have a very hard time finding a fleet with a drake if at all. BS, T3 or logi are pretty much the only way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

azezil wrote: »
    You'll have a very hard time finding a fleet with a drake if at all. BS, T3 or logi are pretty much the only way to go.
    Thanks azezil, I was thinking that maybe a Drake wouldn't cut it...fortunately I'm not too far away from piloting a Raven.

Advertisement