Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too ould for college?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

You are never too old to learn and increase your knowledge. :D

I quote: It's never too late to be what you might have been ~ George Elliot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'm 42,just started last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

In$omniac wrote: »

Spot on, no age limit on learning. Its never too late, unless you're dead, then it is, but as the OP posted this I'm assuming it's not coming from the afterlife :D.

No one will even think anything of it, there are loads of mature students in colleges.
    If you want to do it, go for it. Took me a long time to get around to applying and going on a course, eventually I did. Its a good thing that college isn't perceived by some as a place only for those just out of school when everyone else has more experience (the older the better). By all means if a secondary student knows what they want to do, go for it, but equally a more mature student should also go for it too (they are more likely in my opinion to know themselves better and what they want).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭In$omniac

mattjack wrote: »
    I'm 42,just started last week.

Matt I'm not too far behind you but as a fem I never tell my age :p I started BTE last year and the only regret I have is not having returned years ago, I'm loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

In$omniac wrote: »

Did George want to be a man, do you think :D

I am 44 and go into 2nd year St Pats next week, only realising now how little I know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

started Monday and I'm 34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Of course you're not too old OP. My uncle has just finished his degree in Cork and he's about to turn sixty next month, his only regret is that he didn't do it years ago. Go for it kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Geekness1234

I know a teacher who in her sixties quit to do archeology.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,360 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I left school at 16 with no qualifications to speak of, turned 50 in college where I came joint first in the class with a 22 year old, and will retire from teaching next summer. So what do I do next!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

I'm 28 and just started back this week. My mum went back at 55 and loved every minute of it, she was 59 graduating and went on nights out in Whelan's with all the young ones! You're never to old to go back to education!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 gavmac07

started Monday and I'm 34

where you at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

Hey everyone!:D

Thanks for all the replies! Having read each and everyone of them, its fair to say i am now totally relaxed about it all.
    Im currently studying Level 5 Psychology and will be hoping to continue studying psychology next year probably in UL. I would have preferred Nuig but thats not important.
    Thanks again, yee are great so yee are!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

You're never too old to start college, my friend had a 60+ year old elderly woman in his class studying for a third level degree.

Advertisement