Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Chancery Street, dublin 7 from galway city

Options
  • 09-09-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

So My self and my g.f. are moving to chancery street , never lived in dublin before dont know the first thing about area. were both early 20's ,shes moving for college im unemployed.

So does anyone know
      What is the general area like, walking alone at night , is it rough / safe for girl to walk alone ?
    • Good nightclubs, pubs, places to drink .
    • Cool things to do or see? (historical sights , buildings with good views, good cheap places to eat)

Also im a qualified personal trainer, so if anyone in the area is interested in a workout buddy let me know, i spied a playground near my house with lots of bars for dips pull ups ect. i like to train with a partner who is serious and motivated about training 4 -5 times a week, Send me a mail if anyone's interested about the training.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

The area's not the greatest but you are right next to the Bridewell Garda Station. Main hassle will be kids hanging around with nothing to do. I've had stuff thrown at me while cycling down that road at night. But I've also walked down it alone very late without any trouble (I am female BTW).

Nightlife, you're near Sin É on the quays, Dice Bar on Queen Street.

Things to see, you're near one of Dublin's best kept secrets, the mummies at St Michan's! The Jameson factory at Smithfield is also worth a visit.

Advertisement