Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does this build look for BF3?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Monotype wrote: »
    I've noticed discontinued line popping up with things every so often and then disappearing. It could be slightly different revisions of the same product or maybe movement between different distributors.

Good luck with the build.

Dug a bit deeper and it turns out there was a refresh of the Corsair 600T case a month or two ago. New version Corsair model number is CC600TM Its the black graphite 600T with the small improvements that the White 600TSE got and a mesh side panel window. (White SE version has an interchangable perspex/mesh window)

That kind of ties in with the HWVS 'discontinued line' thing and the day after I order that line disappearing and status going back to full green. It does indeed look like I got the last of the old model.

I've emailed them to get them to change it to the 600TM if thats what has indeed happened. However if thats not what this meant, they can't or won't change my order etc, I'm not that bothered anyway. I won't be complaining or RMA'ing or anything like that. If I get the new version great, if not, doesn't really matter. I'd be modding whichever side panel I get anyway and the slightly better fans in the new model are no biggy either as I am sure I will end up upgrading the fans to much better models anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Everything arrived....everything I remembered to order that is! :rolleyes: :D

6176844100_29d9aef0ec.jpg

Took the Bluray out of the basket to pay for the PSU upgrade and forgot to replace it with a DVD drive. :o Eventually resolved a conflict between the keyboard of all things and the Xbox360 USB HD-Dvd drive which came to the rescue and then I was able to set the bios to boot from it.

Took us all day to build the PC but we were taking our time so as to do it right and watching youtube tutorials for parts we were unsure of etc. The only downer was the Corsair HX1050 PSU will have to be RMA'ed because its got the dreaded coil whine/buzz when booting, 3D gaming and.......moving the mouse in a web browser :rolleyes: Other than that, Fandabbydozy :D

Took some pics of the inside on my iphone but the low light meant the quality was sh1t so will have to take some new ones tomorrow. Needless to say the 600T case makes even a rank amatuer look good in terms of cable management......just don't look behind the motherboard tray :D

Thanks again everyone for all your help. What a great bunch!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

That's unfortunate about the PSU. Since you've probably researched it at this stage, is this common for that PSU?

Advertisement