Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any places near Eyre square for dinner under a tenner?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

as the title says pretty much.

postgrad here, travelling up and down from limerick/cork atm, havent found a plce to live yet. mainly i just rattle off to the centra near eyre sq and grab something hot there. but with winter settlng in i think i need some place a little warmer. any place near the bus station that does dinners in the under €10 category??

thanks in advance

constantg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The Eyre square hotel does dinners for around 9 euro i think, they're not bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Finegans - off shop st.. Same crowd have another restaurant near Quays with same prices

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

McSwiggan's have three or four daily specials for €5.95 and the portions are quite substantial for the price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

constantg wrote: »
    as the title says pretty much.

postgrad here, travelling up and down from limerick/cork atm, havent found a plce to live yet. mainly i just rattle off to the centra near eyre sq and grab something hot there. but with winter settlng in i think i need some place a little warmer. any place near the bus station that does dinners in the under €10 category??

thanks in advance

constantg

As far as I know the following places are quite reasonable for Lunch/Dinner,
    Fagans under the hotel meyrick in Eyre Sqaure,
    Park house on Forster St., its reasonable for lunches but expensive later in the evenings
    Garveys on Forster St., just opposite the train station
    And there's always Supermacs if your feeling a bit dirty:)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭blacktalons

the Imperial Hotel beside the ulster bank eyre square.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

the Imperial Hotel beside the ulster bank eyre square.
    +1, The Imperial do a great carvery until 4pm. 9.95 as far as i remember and great portions and good choice, you couldnt go wrong unlike one of the other places mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

A new Italian Restaurant called Venice has just opened just off merchants road, most things under €10 very nice too, Review Here

Its on abbeygate street where Trisha's used to be, can't find a map for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Here
    Interesting, will call in and have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

+1 on Finnegan's. Quite substantial meals for under €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The Cellar are doing a two course daily special for 9.95. Yesterdays was sweet potato soup and a roast veg wrap or cottage pie and baileys cheesecake, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Lynch's on Shop Street has really pulled up its socks. Best brekkie and lunch in town and good value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

The Dail do a fairly good special for €8.95 but unfortunately a lot of their lunch options are €11 and €12 which is crap in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

In that corner of town, I'd be sticking my head into Garveys, An Pucan and Rabbits - don't know exact prices but I'm sure you'd find something for under a tenner. And they're close to the bus/train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

thanks for the advice guys and gals, headed up monday to meet supervisor and househunt, will take note and check out places on way to college!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Vivo on prospect do a roll drink and taytos for 3.99 i think, or if you go to londis on prospect you can get a hot chicken roll for 2 Eur.

Vivo on prospect do a roll drink and taytos for 3.99 i think, or if you go to londis on prospect you can get a hot chicken roll for 2 Eur.

Didn't see the Vivo yet, or the Londis. However Garvey's @ corner of Eyre Sq and Forster St is great value and lovely grub lads! Had a lovely steak there for a tenner! Barman and waitress were sooooooo nice as well!

Hopefully try McSwiggans this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

constantg wrote: »
    Didn't see the Vivo yet, or the Londis. However Garvey's @ corner of Eyre Sq and Forster St is great value and lovely grub lads! Had a lovely steak there for a tenner! Barman and waitress were sooooooo nice as well!

Hopefully try McSwiggans this week!

Ah, he means the Gala up beside Paddy Power. It will always be Vivo (or freevo) to some though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The Home Plate on Mary Street. Maybe a five minute walk from Eyre Square. Substantial plates of hearty food (e.g. Spag Bol) for as little as €7.50 with their 10% student discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

+1 on the Cellar. Used to eat all my lunches in there. Ate in Fagans last week, decent grub but they need to turn on the heating.

• Advertisement

Hot chicken roll in centra on Forster Street for €3 & 3 bars for €2, getting that a lot these days with the travel. Mc Swiggans next week i promise!!

Advertisement