Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 1 coming to PS3/Xbox 360

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

This is an old video comparing CryEngine 2 on PC to CryEngine 3 on console:

You can see how they've cut corners to get it up to speed but it still loots great.
    Also things like motion blur have since been added to CE3 on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    LOL @ greatest shooter ever made. Graphically beautiful yes, but it wasn't a great game, it was amazing up to a point then went to shít, about a third of the way in.
    HL3 needs to hurry along and put that myth to bed, either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Considering i did not like Crysis 2, and didn't even finish the story, can anyone convince me to get Crysis 1? Bearing in mind that futuristic shooters where it takes 2 clips to kill an alien are not for me (i'm looking at you Halo).

I really disliked Halo for the same reason. The first 2/3 of Crysis 1 before the floaty aliens show up is good fun. If you've played the original FarCry you should know what to expect (before the shaved gorillas show up). Crysis 2 was a CoDified mess in comparison.

The environments are much more open and you can stalk your prey, plan your route and take your time. C2 constantly screams at you to hurry up and shows you the bloody paths in the fairly cramped environments. Also where C2 utterly fails to give you the impression you're in a metropolis like NYC the scale of C1 really feels like a real tropical island. FarCry 1 was perhaps better in this respect tho.

Since they've put the suit controls from C2 into this one I'm not totally sure about the gameplay tho. The original had armour as the base state and you could pick speed/cloak/strength. C2 felt a bit gimped in that you only had cloak and armour. Strength and speed were demoted to contextual events and a standard sprint. For example in C1 could could hold shift to sprint as normal but also switch to Max Speed and move up a gear on your normal speed and then sprint really really fast for a short burst. Max Strength affected how high you could jump as well as how far you could throw a poor North Korean.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Crysis 1 is more open ended than Crysis 2. However the last third of Crysis 1 is very linear.
    There is less weapons and no suit customization in Crysis 1.
    The nano suit in Crysis 1 is better than the base nano suit in Crysis 2. But the upgraded suit in Crysis 2 is just as good if not better than Crysis 1.
    I thought the A.I in both games was generally quite good but the A.I doesn't bug out as much in Crysis 1 or if it does it isn't as noticbale.
    Compared to other shooters Crysis 1 is quite slow paced.
    Crysis 2 on the other hand started off slow but paced itself well after than.
    The last third of Crysis 1 is quite weak. Game becomes a corridor shooter. The aliens are quite bland and uninteresting to fight and there is a terrible section where you have to fly a votol.

Still all in all I'd give the gameplay in Crysis 1 a slight nod over Crysis 2.

Graphics are better in Crysis 1 (both are amazing looking). Also the enviroment is more destructable.
    Storyline is weak in both games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I may give it a whirl so, but only if i can get a physical copy at some stage, can't imagine how long it would take to download something which will more than likely be as large as 7gig!

I may give it a whirl so, but only if i can get a physical copy at some stage, can't imagine how long it would take to download something which will more than likely be as large as 7gig!

You're clearly not a steam user. :p
    I usually just leave such big downloads overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That's why god made UPC. Boom! 25meg is your friend.

Advertisement