Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP T5530 Win CE Thin Client in a Wyse style Boot

Options
  • 09-09-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

So we have about 1,500 users between here and the UK. We used to just have PC's with GPO etc but then about 4 years ago I cam across a HP Thin Client the T5530. Altough it could not join the Domain it could using its Windows CE 5&6 get me a ica connection to our Citrix servers. We also upgraded to a bigger T series due to memory issues on them.

On inspection I realised that the published applicatiosn where being run on the unit hence the bombing out. So Published Desktops started in my head.

After setting up thousands of HP TC's using Altris and images I found a really old Wyse and started playing wih WNOS.ini and boots.

Now this is a question with a sugestion.

My suggestion is that the Wyse with ThinOS is far supperior to anything else, as now I can order on get it delivered to a site and let them plug it in and it is set up automaticaly thanks to the FTP and WNOS.ini files. This I am happy to answer questions on also.

Now my Question,
    We have over 1,000 HP's with a mixture of CE and XPe. I have seen a Golbal.ini and Profile.ini wyse esk set up for them but only for the Linux HP boxes.

Has anyone done the FTP route with CE, XPe before?

Would love to knwo your thoughts.

1Love

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

i had a look at this few months ago !
    i found various sites that explain the procedures so well detailed !

the issue that i had was that whole network needed to be changed from cat5 to cat6 at least ! you will need a good 1GB managed switches with QoS and traffic priority !

i would love to get my hands on it...but i went in the final for HPs and Remote Desktop .

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

Hey

I got it working! so red faced all I was missing was a "\" from my DHCP scope options under 162!

We have it running over Cat5 10/100 switches on many sites mate all be it over a WAN.

If you or anyone need help jsut post on the Wyse Blazer or Windows CE setup

1Love!

Advertisement