Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOBILE ME e-mail SLOW ON UPC

• 09-09-2011 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi All,

I hope that someone here can help me as UPC / APPLE tech support cannot.

I have a mobile me IMAP account and since stitching to UPC my sending speeds are pitifully slow.

My eircom (with the upc smtp address) , GMAIL (IMAP) and HOTMAIL all work lightening fast, but as I want my mobile me mail synced across my 3 apple devices i would prefer to keep using this.

I am on the 100mb connection from UPC.

When i take my MAC BOOK to a hotspot / public wifi area, the speed is not an issue.

Any Ideas on what I should be looking out for ?

Rory

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

The obvious question is what settings are you using for the mobile me on UPC?

What port nos?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

SMTP on PORT 587 SSL / Incoming on 993 SSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

This may be a coincidence it has slowed and may actually be relating to the switch from MobileMe to iCloud by Apple.

Are you experience any slow down over other WiFi connection?

No - public wifi it spot on, i feel the problem is with my network / upc and i'm only after switching to them, so i'm a little in the dark here
    Rory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

No - public wifi it spot on, i feel the problem is with my network / upc and i'm only after switching to them, so i'm a little in the dark here
    Rory

This sounds like a Peering issue between UPC and the ISP of Apple. Can you try a tracert / traceroute of me.com?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had a similar problem with Gmail on my iPhone mail client just after getting a bump to 50Mbit with the new modem on UPC.

Never found out what it was, but discovered that I could set it up as an exchange account on my iPhone - problem solved.

interesting - how could i do that ? and will it sync with my ipad the same way ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Sorry , i misunderstood you, i thought that was going to be for setting up mobile me as an exchange account on my mac

Advertisement