Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discount

• 09-09-2011 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of buying a 2012 Lapierre road bike. There are 3 convenient dealers to me. 2 near to where I work and 1 near home. it makes sense to me to buy from a dealer that i have easy access to for repairs and service.

I have visited 2 of the dealers. One has the bike for €1145. The other has it for €1100. I went into both places armes with information and was able to tell them that Cycle Superstore are listing the bike at €1045. Both agreed to match the price. One of the sales men told me that Cycle Superstore are the main importers of Lapierre to Ireland and that the majority of the small dealers get their Lapierre's through them.

So that's left me thinking, I'm at the opposite end of the country to Cycle Superstore, but if I went to them to buy my bike with a cheque from my employer (BTW Scheme), how much of a discount would they be willing to give me on a €1045 Lapierre?? (I read on a thread before that they can usually give a good discount on Lapierre).

Any opinions or advice would be appreciated? I'm going to the third LBS today to price them and I would like to be armed with some info to better bargain with. Intend to make a purchase today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

If it's a cheque from your employer rather than through one of the Bike to Work broker scams, make sure the bike shop know this. The brokers take up to 10% commission so you won't get any discounts with the shop. If you're paying direct, there should be some haggle room.

Also, read the Bike to Work megathread...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

CSS are the distribution of Lapierre (AFAIK) so I'd be very surprised if they would not be the cheapest. You could bank on retail price to yourself of €950 or so based on my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

cdaly_ wrote: »
    If it's a cheque from your employer rather than through one of the Bike to Work broker scams, make sure the bike shop know this. The brokers take up to 10% commission so you won't get any discounts with the shop. If you're paying direct, there should be some haggle room.

Also, read the Bike to Work megathread...

yes, both LBS's that I priced asked me if it would be a cheque direct from the employer of if it would be through a broker so they were aware of it before giving me a price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Worth noting that the CSS will insist on the cheque being cleared before they will release the bike ..... can't blame them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Deal done at €950 from the LBS closest to home. Its good discount in comparison to the others and the discount makes a higher spec bike cheaper than some of the lower specs that I looked at over the last few weeks!

Also, I think it looks pretty dam cool:

http://www.lapierre-bikes.co.uk/node/903

• Advertisement
Advertisement