Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Systemlex

Options
  • 09-09-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

HI.
    I am currently installing a solid fuel stove into my home. The stove is plumbed in fine but i need to know how to wire in the stat and pump for stove into the System lex control panel. This is a second means of heating as there is a boiler outside too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

shouldn't be much to it

is the stove heating the water or what's the story

when i looked at it a while back there was provision for 2 heat sources -unfortunately i can't recall exact details

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

A pipe stat on the top pipe near the stove controlling the stove circulating pump is all,completely independent of the system lex i would have taught.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 foxy74

M cebee wrote: »
    shouldn't be much to it

is the stove heating the water or what's the story

when i looked at it a while back there was provision for 2 heat sources -unfortunately i can't recall exact details

The stove will be the hot water and heating. There are 2 heating zones controlled by Room stats and motorised valves. the hot water has its cylinder stat. Its a big stove so its good enough to heat all. i remember coming across something like this before. do i use the aux terminals on systemlex. but not sure how to do it.

A pipe stat on the top pipe near the stove controlling the stove circulating pump is all,completely independent of the system lex i would have taught.

Ya i was thinking that too but will the circulating pump pump through the manifold to heat the house and water?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

if you take a look at the technical datasheet for systemlex
    http://www.systemlink.ie/images/stories/systemlink/_notes/SystemLex%20-%20Leaflet.pdf

you'll see the double pole aux relay and 4 inputs

an input from a stat on your second heat source (stove) can 'lock out' the boiler on one n/c pole

and activate a MV or zone pump on another n/o pole

i think the controller for the homezone is the same -it shows the second heat source integrated on page 15
    http://www.systemlink.ie/images/stories/systemlink/Homezone%20Installation%20A5.pdf

• Advertisement

M cebee wrote: »
    if you take a look at the technical datasheet for systemlex
    http://www.systemlink.ie/images/stories/systemlink/_notes/SystemLex%20-%20Leaflet.pdf

you'll see the double pole aux relay and 4 inputs

an input from a stat on your second heat source (stove) can 'lock out' the boiler on one n/c pole

and activate a MV or zone pump on another n/o pole

i think the controller for the homezone is the same -it shows the second heat source integrated on page 15
    http://www.systemlink.ie/images/stories/systemlink/Homezone%20Installation%20A5.pdf

Thx for that. just to let you know i emailed systemlink about the problem and they sent me this

SolidFuel&Oil_Mech&Elec.pdf

Might be of some use to someone here

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ltz400

Have installed a systemlex with 2 zones and an oil boiler question is how do i wire the frost stat on the boiler to turn on the rads zone valve

Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ltz400

Have installed a systemlex with 2 zones and an oil boiler question is how do i wire the frost stat on the boiler to turn on the rads zone valve

Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Don't think you do.
    Frost stat adjacent to boiler probably just protects boiler via a auto bypass valve

Advertisement