Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Vet

Options
  • 09-09-2011 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good Vet (for a dog) in the Prosperous/Clane/Sallins/Naas area (or a little further afield if he/she is a very good Vet:)).

I've just got our new 8 month old dog from a Dog Rescue centre and I want to get him fully checked out.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Highly reccommend Paddy and co in http://www.maynoothvets.com/

Also in Edenderry so you are halfway from both!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I recommended a vet for you in Naas already in the animals section.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Thanks guys.

Andreac, that Vet you recommended couldn't see me for a week and my dog threw up twice yesterday and seems very listless so I want to get him checked out sooner.

I've made an appointment with that Maynooth Vet for tomorrow to see if Marley's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

andreac wrote: »
    I recommended a vet for you in Naas already in the animals section.:)

And I recommended you one in Kilcullen. are our suggestions not good enough :p

Of course they are:o

Its just that Marley is unwell all of a sudden and I'm in a bit of a panic trying to get a Vet to look at him today instead of waiting a few days/week. He's stopped eating, was throwing up and is pretty listless:(. That Vet in Maynooth could see him tomorrow which was the earliest appointment I could get after ringing round. He's just rang me back with a cancellation so he can see Marley this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

If you want an alternative - we moved from to Barrackgate, Naas to Moss Vetinary on the Monread Road, Naas. We have 2 dogs, didnt have any problems with Barrackgate just found Moss better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Would recommend Moss Vets on the Monread Road in Naas evertyime and they have an out of hours service. http://www.mossvet.ie/

Hope your dog is okay OP.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Barrack Gate, top of Naas on the Newbridge Road. Kind of across the road from the old VEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 nicky chick

Dave
    i would highly recommend Theresa in the Leixlip venerinary clinic bit far maybe but well worth it. We've had 2 dogs on different occasions with problems and after visits to other clinics she was the only person who diagnosed them correctly, she has walk in clinic today from 11 to 12 phone 01 624 6282, hope all goes well with your new dog and well done for taking a rescue dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

The charity pet store recommended Cottage Vets in Newbridge when we first moved here, have been with them 7 years and cannot say a bad word about them. Its not about the money with them its about the animals

heres their number 045434848

Hope your dog gets better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

foodaholic wrote: »
    The charity pet store recommended Cottage Vets in Newbridge when we first moved here, have been with them 7 years and cannot say a bad word about them. Its not about the money with them its about the animals

heres their number 045434848

Hope your dog gets better

Agree 100% - had out of hours emergency, unfortunately cat did not survive and they refused to take any payment even though they spent 30+ minutes checking everything.

Thanks to all for the recommendations.

I brought our dog to the Vet in Maynooth Friday afternoon. Looks like I wasn't fretting over nothing. He has a serious gastro intestinal bug with a high temperature. The Vet gave him two injections and put him on a course of antibiotics for a week. I bought some pet food for dogs with tummy bugs from the Vet - "Pet ID" I think its called. While he's now eating this food (with his tablet mixed in), he still has diarrohea. However he seems to be coming back to himself and is playing with the kids again.

The Vet charged €54. How does this compare to other Vets considering my dog got two injections and a course of antibiotics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 trekman

that seems quite reasonable considering that you got to see the vet quickly and the examination , treatment and food were all included.
    I go to Maynooth Vets all the time - my dog was recently very sick and I needed an emergency vet, the standard of petcare he received was topclass. I particularly liked the fact that although it was in the evening, he was seen in Maynooth by his own vet and not sent to somewhere else and that all of his records were readily available :D:D:D !!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The vet in Maynooth is brilliant.
    I bring the dog and the cat there and my little girl also loves him.
    she has told me to bring her sister to the vet in the past though;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ciara FitzGerald

Yeah I too had a dog emergency and found the vets in Maynooth Clinic are great. Very caring and handy location on the quiet side of town

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

We use Beaufield Veterinary Clinic on the Dublin road in Celbridge and find them absolutely fantastic.

They open Mon - Fri, both mornings and evenings and also, Saturday mornings. They have a walk-in policy so you don't have to wait for an appointment. Some days are busier than others and you may have to wait a little while but I think it's worth it as they really know their stuff.

Both Paddy and Finbar are really good with animals, they're compassionate and understanding on top of really knowing their craft.

And they don't charge a fortune either which is just as well as our four monsters are always down there for one thing or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Hermitage in Lucan - www.myvet.ie

Advertisement