Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC cant install

• 09-09-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

About half a year ago a lorry knocked down a cable that upc use for their broadband and the owner of the house refused to let them put it back up. So about 3 months after this a sales rep from upc came to my door asking did I want upc.

I told him that i didn't think we were able to get it because of what happened before. He said they could get it in and it would be no problem . So I got one of the neighbors to come over and he said that he was still no getting his upc broadband. So after a while the rep goes and says he will talk to someone about it.

2 months after this another sales rep comes to my house I tell him about the problem and he tells me that they have someone working on it at the moment and will be ready very soon. I got his number and told Him I would ring him back when I could afford to pay the for the broadband.

Then 1 month later another rep comes to the door and all is ready and working so I was talking to him for a while before I signed the contract and I said he should go over to the neighbor and said his name to which this rep said no he is on the list he rang up yesterday and is getting a package from us as well. So I sign the contract and was told I would have the bb from 3-5 days. I took the day off collage so the Tecs could come in and set up. They were here a few minutes going round the house and finally said to me that we could not get the bb as the was no signal from my line because of the other line being gone.

The short version is 3 rep trying to sell me broadband when i signed they could not provide causing me to miss a day of collage. My question is should I try to send an email to upc complaining to see if they will try to get their bb back in to the small area(potentially 15 houses but will be 9) and see if this makes them do anything quicker.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

How does the telly come in so ???

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    How does the telly come in so ???

Sky?

I only wanted a BB and phone package with upc.

How does the neighbours telly come in so ??

From what I can understand but have not asked all of the neighbors after the house that the cable got knocked I think they are all on sky or free to air boxes.

and even so is the BB not on a different type of signal or line?

When I rang upc 1908 no. they said that BB was avoidable in my area and when I was telling someone about this he said that he does not think we can get fiber optic here at all but I have signed a contract for 50 meg fiber optic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,088 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was one step away from taking a photograph of the office downstairs Broadband box to prove to UPC that they were "in" our building!

• Advertisement

Seems more like they cannot deliver any service to anyone, have you spoken to the neighbour who threw a strop at them ???

They are costing the rest of ye a fortune in eircom line rental.

He refuses point blank to allow it to be put back up on to his house but it was always there before he moved in so when it fell why was there a problem.

A lot of people asked him to allow it to go back up but he just would not listen.

Seems more like they cannot deliver any service to anyone, have you spoken to the neighbour who threw a strop at them

Is also my problem as upc reps are going around regularly and telling me how great it is.

Is there a way around the clowns house, say along a back wall ????

Advertisement