Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpacks + the embassy

• 09-09-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I found this online and wondering how true it is?
    Applicants should not bring any large purses, backpacks, suitcases, briefcases, or variations thereof.
    Applicants will be turned away and required to reschedule their appointments.

I'll have a backpack with me as I'll be coming up that morning from Cork, all it would have is my wallet, documents, ipod and phone. Is there not a place I can just put it and collect it after?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Last time I was there- 2 years ago now!- they allowed you to leave the backpack in the security hut after x-raying it. No backpack or phones with cameras allowed in the actual embassy building, but I was allowed to bring a large concertina file with all my documents.

If you are going today or very soon, there may be extra security precautions due to the anniversary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

My appointment is September 20. I'll just bring a small bag and keep my important documents in a plastic pocket. Thanks :)

Advertisement