Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Dublin Car Park - Opening Hours

Options
  • 09-09-2011 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,
    Does anyone know what time the O2 car park opens at, got tickets for Childline concert and purchased a parking ticket too. Does it open early say 3 or 4?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Hi,
    Does anyone know what time the O2 car park opens at, got tickets for Childline concert and purchased a parking ticket too. Does it open early say 3 or 4?

Thanks

The Point Village Car Park which is the new underground car park which is open to the public for €2.70 per hour, the Gibson Hotel residents €14 per 24 hour period and O2 Special Concert rate of €10.

The Point Village Underground car park is open 7am-midnight. You you cannot enter until 6pm if you are taking advantage of the special concert rate. This is located right behind the O2, under the Gibson Hotel. The lifts in the car park bring you up to the area right outside the O2.

Anytime I've used this car park for concerts in the O2, I've always stayed at the Gibson so I did not have to worry about the 6pm start time.

Might be an idea to ring ahead and see how strictly this is enforced? I imagine weekends are alot more relaxed than midweek for example.

This link might be helpful; http://www.pointvillage.ie/parking_.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Little Miss *

Ok thanks. Maybe I would be better going to the Point Village Underground car park as would not like trying to get in to the car park for the concert at 6 plus want to maybe have a bite to eat in town before hand. Usually park around merrion square when going to concerts but its a long walk back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Ok thanks. Maybe I would be better going to the Point Village Underground car park as would not like trying to get in to the car park for the concert at 6 plus want to maybe have a bite to eat in town before hand. Usually park around merrion square when going to concerts but its a long walk back.

Ya, Merrion Sq would be an awful walk back after, especially if the weather is against you. I would imagine you could just pay the hourly rate of €2.70 for the time before 6pm and then you're €10 pass would activate at 6pm. You could always arrive at around 3 or 4. Head away for food/drink etc, arrive back just before 6pm, pay what is due, leave the car park and just re-enter at 6pm on the dot.

The fact that the Red Luas line stops right outside makes getting in and out of the city centre very easy.

You could also consider parking at the National College of Ireland car park or even Jurys Inn on Custom House Quay. Both are less than 5 minutes walk to the O2 and you might avoid some of the traffic chaos that will develop around the venue when the concert is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Parking in the O2 car park for the killers gig fri night, won't have a chance to print the car park confirmation email. Anyone know if having the email on my phone is enough for entry?
    I have the physical concert tickets, just not the car park

Advertisement