Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fecking Broadband

• 09-09-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im currently near the end of my Three mobile broadband contract, finally.
    Ive been looking around for a new provider and first port of call was Eircom, Im shocked that these days the cheapest is €39.99 for 10gb cap, and it goes up again after 6 months.

Surely there are some better AdsL deals than this right now?
    I have sky TV so UPC isn't an option.

In north Cork at the moment, if Eircom are the only broadband option does anyone know the best mobile broadband for my area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Maruney wrote: »
    Hi All,

Im currently near the end of my Three mobile broadband contract, finally.
    Ive been looking around for a new provider and first port of call was Eircom, Im shocked that these days the cheapest is €39.99 for 10gb cap, and it goes up again after 6 months.

Surely there are some better AdsL deals than this right now?
    I have sky TV so UPC isn't an option.

In north Cork at the moment, if Eircom are the only broadband option does anyone know the best mobile broadband for my area?

Thanks.

Check out www.ngb.ie afaik the eirom packages have a 250gb cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Maruney

Its pathatic, the lack of options out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Maruney wrote: »
    Its pathatic, the lack of options out there.

There's always Fixed Wireless, you might be lucky.

http://www.airwave.ie/northcork.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Why isn't UPC an option? You can get broadband from them without TV. Check to see if they're available in your area, because they are the best bet.

Check other providers too such as Magnet and Vodafone (fixed line, not mobile broadband) and digiweb, utv etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement