Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Morning with Richie and Charlotte mayhem?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Am i going mad or was there a bit of a rukus on Pure Morning with Richie and Charlotte today? just cought the end of the show seemed Charlotte said something way out of line a producer stepped in and things got really odd on air! can anyone else fill me in on what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

collykeogh wrote: »
    Am i going mad or was there a bit of a rukus on Pure Morning with Richie and Charlotte today? just cought the end of the show seemed Charlotte said something way out of line a producer stepped in and things got really odd on air! can anyone else fill me in on what happened?

Watchu talkin bout willis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rach79

I didn't hear this but it might explain things. She was off the week before I went on my hols and then when I got back after 2 weeks away Michelle is still there and the jingle has changed to "Pure Morning with Richie and Michelle"

I'd love to know what happened. I way preferred Charlotte!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Richie and Michelle now in the picture for Pure Morning on the website too. description still has "Richie and Charlotte" though.

Finest Worksongs page has Michelle's photo, but the description has John presenting it....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Richie and Michelle now in the picture for Pure Morning on the website too. description still has "Richie and Charlotte" though.

Finest Worksongs page has Michelle's photo, but the description has John presenting it....

Noticed that myself this morning too. Looks like Charlotte's gone then. I have to admit she did my head in at first but I really got to like her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭RichieMc

Alright folks, cheers for the concern.

Just to set the record straight, Charlotte is still very much with us, cracking the whip on myself and Michelle (enjoy the image), ie, producing Pure Morning.

I hope you're all still enjoying the show. And if ye have any questions at all, no matter how seemingly existential, drop a mail to puremorning@phantom.ie.

Piece and glove

Richie

• Advertisement

So is there a new line-up then Richie?

Will Charlotte no longer be presenting just producing?

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT EMAILING?????

It's Michelle and meself presenting, but Charlotte's with us at all times, and the show would definitely fall on its arse (more so?) without her.

RichieMc wrote: »
    WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT EMAILING?????

It's Michelle and meself presenting, but Charlotte's with us at all times, and the show would definitely fall on its arse (more so?) without her.

Thanks Richie,

It's a forum - people are asking what's happening with the show so no need for email, you can just post here. ;)

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Thanks Richie,

It's a forum - people are asking what's happening with the show so no need for email, you can just post here. ;)

Oh....ok. Right then, what's a 'google'?

RichieMc wrote: »
    Oh....ok. Right then, what's a 'google'?

Not sure but I heard if you google google you will break the interwebs. I've always wanted to try it but I wouldn't want to ruin the gig on everyone else! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

I much preferred Richie and Charlotte, like not knocking the DOC, but there was more craic with the original line up.

the-ging wrote: »
    I much preferred Richie and Charlotte, like not knocking the DOC, but there was more craic with the original line up.

Agreed, but sure we'll get used to the new format and when it changes again we'll be saying we preferred Richie and The Doc! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 celery

presenting to producing? the natural career progession...?
    love Charlotte, great craic ! more importantly what the hell is going on in Coventry? lost without her.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 keltchick

I miss her too. Seems like an odd move for Michelle who had her own show. And I miss the Coventry updates and the 80s movie reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Sorry to wade in here, So if Michelle is presenting the morning show at present will she not return to her own show?
    I don't like John Caddell at all in that mid morning slot.
    I don't believe he's suited to it.
    Are the changes permanent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Good aul Boards.

Googled 'charlotte pure morning' as I was curious about the shakeup and here I was brought like a thirsty monk to a well in a desert.

Good luck to em. Wouldn't fancy those early mornings though. Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dufresne2011

How hard is it to say she was fired or she decided to just produce from now on?

How hard is it to say she was fired or she decided to just produce from now on?

Pretty needlessly snotty question there. Would've thought I covered it when I said "Just to set the record straight, Charlotte is still very much with us, cracking the whip on myself and Michelle (enjoy the image), ie, producing Pure Morning."

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dufresne2011

Well . . . no, not really. The question that started the thread was what happened. Telling us that Charlotte is still producing doesn't answer that. But looking at my comment now I see that it's daft because you're hardly going to tell us if there was a difference of opinion or whatever on a public forum. Didn't mean for my comment to sound snotty (sorry if it did) but it's just born out of frustration because I think people miss her on air and the broadcast chemistry you both had together. That's not to say that listening to yourself and Michelle isn't fun but I guess people warmed to Charlotte in the time she was on the show and we'd hate to think her going back to producing the show was something that was, well . . . out of her hands.

God that was a long reply. Just goes to show you how much a part of my day Pure Morning had become over the last few years.

Well . . . no, not really. The question that started the thread was what happened. Telling us that Charlotte is still producing doesn't answer that. But looking at my comment now I see that it's daft because you're hardly going to tell us if there was a difference of opinion or whatever on a public forum. Didn't mean for my comment to sound snotty (sorry if it did) but it's just born out of frustration because I think people miss her on air and the broadcast chemistry you both had together. That's not to say that listening to yourself and Michelle isn't fun but I guess people warmed to Charlotte in the time she was on the show and we'd hate to think her going back to producing the show was something that was, well . . . out of her hands.

God that was a long reply. Just goes to show you how much a part of my day Pure Morning had become over the last few years.

+1 - Same as that!

I also saw comments on the Phantom Facebook page inquiring after Charlotte and they were just ignored. The thing is the reason people are inquiring in the first place is because it's something they have an interest in as they enjoy the show. Lack of reply (on facebook) was disappointing and fuels further questions by listeners, i.e. is there something more sinister going on? If not just come out and say it (and I do realise announcements as such may be out of Richie's control) and don't ignore your audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I like Michelle as a presenter, but the natural chemistry that Richie and Charlotte had isn't there.

grizzly wrote: »
    I like Michelle as a presenter, but the natural chemistry that Richie and Charlotte had isn't there.

My opinion is that Richie and Michelle are both very strong presenters and a two man (or woman) show needs to have a dominant partner. The new line up almost seems as if the two current presenters are competing against each other as opposed to working together.

Individually they are both excellent and do seem to get on well together but the show doesn't have the same funny guy vs. dizzy blonde buzz that Richie and Charlotte did. BTW I don't for a second think Charlotte is as 'dizzy' as she makes out to be, to me she's an intelligent girl playing the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

What happened to Charlotte? As in, when she "moved into production", what happened on the show that morning? I missed it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

To be honest, it's none of our business. It's all gossip and hearsay on here. I think Richie's comment is more than fair.

lordgoat wrote: »
    To be honest, it's none of our business. It's all gossip and hearsay on here. I think Richie's comment is more than fair.

How do you mean it's none of our business?

We're the listeners after all!

How do you mean it's none of our business?

We're the listeners after all!

And that entitles you to what exactly?

You were told that she's still producing and to send an email to find out more.

And that entitles you to what exactly?

You were told that she's still producing and to send an email to find out more.

This is an open forum - surely as a mod you understand that.

I've been listening to Phantom since I cam back from working in Belgium in '07 and have always promoted the station to others, shared links to facebook, etc. The difference between a niche station and a mainstream station is that listeners feel that they're part of a community and recognise the station as 'their own' as opposed to main stream stuff. Therefore same listeners don't appreciate being blanked when they inquire about something they love.

This is an open forum - surely as a mod you understand that.

I've been listening to Phantom since I cam back from working in Belgium in '07 and have always promoted the station to others, shared links to facebook, etc. The difference between a niche station and a mainstream station is that listeners feel that they're part of a community and recognise the station as 'their own' as opposed to main stream stuff. Therefore same listeners don't appreciate being blanked when they inquire about something they love.

Again you are choosing to miss the point. The question was answered if you're not satisfied send a mail. There's a good reason he said that. If you don't, then quit whining on about it.

Again you are choosing to miss the point. The question was answered if you're not satisfied send a mail. There's a good reason he said that. If you don't, then quit whining on about it.

I'm not whining about anything.

As you are well aware this is an open forum available to people worldwide. People discuss issues and interests here - that's what the forum is for. Most people on here are posting as they have an interest in the show.

I did actually email and received an answer on the subject however I'm not going to post the reply here, a reply which I was happy to get may I add. However I will say that if station management had made an announcement at the time there would have been no speculation whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ugh Pure morning was painful this morning, Keith is grand, and I understand the PM lot are on a plane right now, but sticking Clare B on Pure morning?
    I really would love to know if their listener numbers went down when she took over Live Drive, I know I stick it on leaving work but once I hear her voice I'm off to DCFM.

Advertisement