Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Damaged car in transport - NVD

• 09-09-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭

fyi

I have advocated using NVD on here before.

However, they appear to have damaged my Bora on the way from the UK stating that the car was signed for.

Unfortunately, because they took so long to deliver the car I had left to go on holiday. My brother signed for it.

NVD don't want to know and stopped responding to my mails after I asked would they be willing to let me have a paint sample from the tranporter truck.

The paint left on my car is identical to my eye to that of the transporter.

They may be cheap but what use is that when you have to repair your car after its delivered ??

Avoid.

boraDamage1.jpg

boraDamage2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I hate the term "That wil polish out" .....but it looks like it will. No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    I hate the term "That wil polish out" .....but it looks like it will. No?

Father Ted Style :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Definitely won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Nah - clearcoat is fooked on the Bumper. Wheel arch might polish out okay.

Well pi55ed off so is the chap that sold it to me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If they're not responding to emails call and ask for a manager.

You mightn't have any joy though since your brother signed for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Jasus don't tell that detailer guy that did all the famous work on it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

E39MSport wrote: »
    fyi

I have advocated using NVD on here before.

However, they appear to have damaged my Bora on the way from the UK stating that the car was signed for.

Unfortunately, because they took so long to deliver the car I had left to go on holiday. My brother signed for it.

NVD don't want to know and stopped responding to my mails after I asked would they be willing to let me have a paint sample from the tranporter truck.

The paint left on my car is identical to my eye to that of the transporter.

They may be cheap but what use is that when you have to repair your car after its delivered ??

Avoid.

boraDamage1.jpg

boraDamage2.jpg

Not meaning to sound rude, it's not NVD's fault. Your brother signed for it being OK, so they are covered.

All couriers companies are the same. If it's not pointed out on delivery you have a hard time getting any comeback.

You don't need to avoid them, just make sure whoever signs for it knows what they are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Del2005 wrote: »
    Not meaning to sound rude, it's not NVD's fault. Your brother signed for it being OK, so they are covered.

All couriers companies are the same. If it's not pointed out on delivery you have a hard time getting any comeback.

You don't need to avoid them, just make sure whoever signs for it knows what they are doing.

Of course it's their fault!

If the OP's brother had noticed it at the time they could be held responsible, however as he didn't it is unlikely they will admit liability now, especially when brother has signed off to say that the vehicle has been received in good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You'd sort that pretty easily. Annoying all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur

Del2005 wrote: »

It's the fault of whoever caused the damage!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Gophur wrote: »
    It's the fault of whoever caused the damage!

it was singed for as being ok. they'll just say it happened after the face (that may or may not have happened but try proving it)

Actually, because my brother was unfamiliar with the car, he informed the truck driver that he was just signing to confirm that the car was delivered and nothing else.

I don't have a copy. No doubt there's some small print in there that screws me.

Fokkem anyway, this is enough justice for me.

It will come up with a bit of effort.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭bop1977

If it wasn't signed for as damaged you don't have any comeback because the small print on the docket will say goods received in good order. The fact that your brother said something to the driver means nothing at all.

Yeah - pretty well given up on this.

Still, point here is to make people aware - job done I hope.

Plus, I remembered yesterday. They originally told me (call me and told me) it would be picked up on a Tuesday. I had the seller hang about all day.

Come 4 pm, when I called and asked what the delay was they said it would in fact be the following day at best.

F**ktards.

Should have binned them there and then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I feel its the type of question thats probably ideally more suited to the the Consumer Issues Forum rather than the Motors Forum, from the point of view of establishing your legal rights. Having said that I see the lads on the Motors Forum answered the questionn very adequately.
    E39MSport wrote: »
    Plus, I remembered yesterday. They originally told me (call me and told me) it would be picked up on a Tuesday. I had the seller hang about all day.

Come 4 pm, when I called and asked what the delay was they said it would in fact be the following day at best.

F**ktards.

Should have binned them there and then.

Thats just appalling but I'm all too familar with these type of stories. Such shennagins occur away too often. Might be no harm taking the matter higher at NVD. Your emails are being ignored so if you are going to take it further get on the blower and ask to speak to a Manager. Threaten them with the small claims court and going to the media...this often seems to help your situation. Then again you might get no joy out of it but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Advertisement