Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Galway expertise in intricate electronic soldering ?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

In a bit of a rut with replacing electronic component on a pcb:(.
    As with pics below, I need to replace the circled component.
    There are 15 legs and only 1.8mm with between them.
    Definitely needs some expertise.
    Does anybody know of a local business or individual in Galway, that could carry this out for me?
    Would prefer not to deal with Uni's or colleges, if possible.
    Many thanks

09092011384.jpg

09092011383.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 OxiMoron

Use a hot air gun, cover the surrounding area with tin foil to avoid overheating anything else other than the legs. once removed, heat the area again and wipe the pads with a damp cloth to clean the excess solder off. Now flux the area and then lightly tin the legs of the new component and locate it in position.
    You could use some Blutack or something non flamable to holdit in position while you reheat the legs. Even use a soldering iron to do the legs on the ends first so that you have it in position before heating with the gun again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Thanks for that.
    However, any recommendations on someone who could competently carry out the job?
    Would you be up to it OxiMoron, if so please PM me and we can discuss.
    Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mary_maloney

there is a repair shop on eyre square that just fixed my sons ds and ps3, its an internet cafe at the front but they have a repair centre down the back. only took 2 days to get the repairs done. drop in at least and ask if they can help. dont have their phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

If the place in Eyre Sq. cant do the work send me a pm as its a easy job for some one with soldering expertise. Do you have a replacement component.

Advertisement