Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto 2004 idle problem

Options
  • 09-09-2011 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can give me some good things to start checking and replacing in the car. Recommendations on garages to bring the also welcome. It'd be useful to bring it somewhere which will give it a full diagnosis (Dublin based).

I'm having this idle problem (see video) and the car is overheating when I take it out. I've only bought this car secondhand, it's been serviced and the timing belt just replaced along with the rocker cover gasket which had a small leak. Could it be the head gasket? Should I be driving the car or should I bring it straight to a garage?

http://youtu.be/VG1LKoi3LO4

1.2, 2004 Fiat Punto
    32000 miles
    When timing belt replaced the garage said it was like new, think previous owner used it very little and there are records to say it was regularly serviced

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Eebs

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Dont keep driving it if its overheating you will do more damage. If you only bought it recently from a garage, then bring it back to them and explain to them whats happened. Be polite and calm dont go in firing abuse at them.

3 months ago from dealer, they're not liable for anything. To bring it back to them I'd also have to drive it across the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Being a Punto my suspicions would be the Head Gasket , check that out first.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Was the water pump done?

Advertisement