Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rascism

Options
  • 09-09-2011 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

a fella started a few weeks back and was only training in our store but it now looks like he may be staying on...

he is a grade above me and one below the manager...

he makes over the top racist comments and i feel very uneasy when he makes them and i usually walk away. . i know other members of staff are put out by this too...

whatever his views are thats his problem but i dont feel comfortable him airing them...loike two people walked past shop talking and laughing.. and under his breathe but still audiable he said ' "f**king foreigners"

the funny thing is he isn't irish!!!

either way like i dont really want to make a complaint in store because he will know it's me and i dont feel comfortable saying this to his face.

in my opinion he is a manager and should know better but is making a offical complaint to headoffice over the top?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If he is customer facing then making a complaint about his racism is not over the top. God help the company if one of the customers hear his utterances plus as an employee of the company you should not be subjected to opinions like his.

I'd check your company handbook (if one exists), there should be a policy on racism and a procedure for reporting incidents.

Advertisement