Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Crowman

Curious- What Wargames did you get?
    I'm into Wargames but find it nearly impossible to find opponents..

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Crowman wrote: »
    Curious- What Wargames did you get?
    I'm into Wargames but find it nearly impossible to find opponents..
    Cheers

Hi Crow,

I have been chasing this one since it came out ,but the carriage/postage always put me off.

pic1063508_md.jpg

After this one as well for the last few years.

pic706069_md.jpg

Nice! I have Sekigahara too, only managed to play it once (I lost) great game though. If you're interested in playing these (or any other wargames) let me know I'm eager to play my collection!

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Newhand

Do we post if we backed something on Kickstarter?

Only I backed a game called Love 2 Hate as it seems like a good way to get non gamers into gaming. Fun little party game by all accounts.

(I don't think I am allowed to post links or anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I went on a bit of a rampage since I was last here :P
    Twilight Struggle
    Shards of the Throne TI3 expansion
    Love Letter
    Arkham Horror
    Warhammer Disk Wars
    X-Wing Miniatures Game (Plus way way too many expansions)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Newhand wrote: »
    Do we post if we backed something on Kickstarter?

Only I backed a game called Love 2 Hate as it seems like a good way to get non gamers into gaming. Fun little party game by all accounts.

(I don't think I am allowed to post links or anything)

Looking forward to trying this out hopefully at BroCon this weekend, where Colm (the designer) will be demoing it extensively.

oeb wrote: »
    X-Wing Miniatures Game (Plus way way too many expansions)

I love me some X-Wing, really tempted by the new wave of stuff. The TIE Defender looks awesome.
    GodlessM wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying this out hopefully at BroCon this weekend, where Colm (the designer) will be demoing it extensively.

Let us know how you get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Crowman wrote: »
    Nice! I have Sekigahara too, only managed to play it once (I lost) great game though. If you're interested in playing these (or any other wargames) let me know I'm eager to play my collection!

John.

Hi John
    a game of Sekigahara sounds good.I will PM you after the school hols to see what we can arrange.I found some good tutorials on youtube.So plan to watch them over the next couple weeks.

Hi John
    a game of Sekigahara sounds good.I will PM you after the school hols to see what we can arrange.I found some good tutorials on youtube.So plan to watch them over the next couple weeks.

Sounds good, give me a shout when you're ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Picked up the Archer board game today, will report tomorrow after its inaugral game on how it plays

• Advertisement

Picked up the Archer board game today, will report tomorrow after its inaugral game on how it plays

Is that Archer based on the cartoon TV show?

Newhand wrote: »
    Is that Archer based on the cartoon TV show?

it is indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

it is indeed

a7942924b95c9e7990ed2541e2ea7d5d.jpg

Had to be done :)

Rael wrote: »
    a7942924b95c9e7990ed2541e2ea7d5d.jpg

Had to be done :)

on it's own it's an ok game, play it with fans of the series and this game is fantatic

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

Picked up Legendary Villains last night. Been wanting to try the original version but couldn't justify getting it as I already have Sentinels of the Multiverse and the expansions.

Looking forward to a bit of villainy and messing my friends' nefarious plans up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Picked up SNAKE OIL at the weekend. TERRIBLE game, absolutely terrible.

Rael wrote: »
    Picked up Legendary Villains last night. Been wanting to try the original version but couldn't justify getting it as I already have Sentinels of the Multiverse and the expansions.

Sentinels is an amazing game. Not so sure the Kickstarter they did for Sentinels: Tactics will do so well.

Got Luchador, 30 Second, Kingdoms, Mapominoes, Munchkin Legends, and both the India/Switzerland and Alvin & Dexter expansions for Ticket to Ride this past weekend at BroCon.

pic2083738_md.png

Not quite with me yet, but on it's way...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, after playing through Risk Legacy with my wifes family, finishing off all the changes, we decided that we loved it so much that we've bought another copy to play with our friends back in London.

So technically it's new...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rzaba666

Wiz-War

pic1222733_md.jpg

Didn't buy it but played my first ever game of twilight imperium today, it is a whole different beast!

Didn't buy it but played my first ever game of twilight imperium today, it is a whole different beast!

Very long though.

Very long though.

Worth it in myopinion. My local game shop in Kilkenny started talking bout doing it 2 months ago so just had to wait for a day the shop would be closed and we'd have the players in. Was an excellent game, learned not to build 2 warsuns too quick, got decimated by everyone using cards against me

Worth it in myopinion. My local game shop in Kilkenny started talking bout doing it 2 months ago so just had to wait for a day the shop would be closed and we'd have the players in. Was an excellent game, learned not to build 2 warsuns too quick, got decimated by everyone using cards against me

Yup. Free-for-all games of that sort are something I struggle to wrap my head around, regarding what is playing too quick and what is playing too slow. I have the same problems with Game of Thrones.

War Suns are bitchin' though.

Yup. Free-for-all games of that sort are something I struggle to wrap my head around, regarding what is playing too quick and what is playing too slow. I have the same problems with Game of Thrones.

War Suns are bitchin' though.

It was shocking I built two up, as soon as I'd initiate anything cards were dropping all over the table to stop it.

While not technically a new game my Creation and Control expansion for android netrunner camer today, now netrunner is one hell of a game

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just a heads up, Easons on O' Connell St has started selling boardgames. Was in there and they had Dixit, Carcassone, Forbidden Island/Desert and a rake of other games that are pretty decent.

Just a heads up, Easons on O' Connell St has started selling boardgames. Was in there and they had Dixit, Carcassone, Forbidden Island/Desert and a rake of other games that are pretty decent.

Lol that's nothing new. Easons across the country have been selling games all this year now, and the ones in Dublin even ran International Tabletop Day events this year. They were kind enough to sponsor a convention I ran in Limerick a few weeks ago too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lol that's nothing new. Easons across the country have been selling games all this year now, and the ones in Dublin even ran International Tabletop Day events this year. They were kind enough to sponsor a convention I ran in Limerick a few weeks ago too.

I'm aware they sold some more common board games but its the first time I've seen some more slightly unconventional ones there. They have 1/4 of the first floor converted into a gaming area.

• Advertisement

Had a great time at Knavecon yesterday and amidst the gaming managed to pick up Takenoko and Survive, two games I wanted to try but had no opportunity to, so I just dived right in. Takenoko was very good; haven't played Survive yet but it is very, very pretty.

Advertisement