Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

My copies of Concordia and Concordia Salsa arrived this morning. I have been waiting for these for a long time given the crazy prices while it was out of print. Looking forward to seeing whether the BGG hype is real or not. For anyone interested you can get the game and all expansions from www.pd-Verlag.de for €102 including shipping from Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Bought Suburbia yesterday. Looking forward to trying it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Suburbia is pretty good. Especially if you were ever a fan of the old Sim City games.

My latest purchases are Captain Sonar and the anniversary edition of War of the Ring.

Haven't played Cpt Sonar as much as I'd have liked, but seems a great game from the time we did play it.

WoTR is one of my favourites, and this edition comes with an even bigger board and is fully painted :D

pic3013621_t.png

pic3408980_t.jpg

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Was last week, but picked up the Terminal Directive legacy expansion for Netrunner. Couple of games in so far; interesting to play with a limited pool, though one player opening packs mid- / post-game while other player sits around is a bit meh.

Also bought Star Realms, but haven't cracked it out yet.

You ever play New Angeles? Been considering picking it up

Any chance of some pics of the WOTR opened up? Very interested in picking a copy up.

Just preordered Indonesia and Antiquity from Splotter they're doing a reprint later this year. €75 each plus shipping so not too bad given how hard they are to get. It's on their website on the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Grabbed Zombicide: Black Plague a week or so ago to see what i thought in the run-up to the Green Horde Kickstarter. Was a bit hesitant on it at first but its actually a very nice game, thought "oh this is easy" in the first two scenarios....then the zombies had other ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

In the last couple of weeks, picked up Risk Europe, Ticket to Ride, Coup and Pandemic. Think TtR will be the first that gets some gametime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Twigster

Picked up Blood Rage and Tsuro, hopefully get to try them both during the week.

JD1763 wrote: »
    Any chance of some pics of the WOTR opened up? Very interested in picking a copy up.

Don't have pics myself but there's loads online, unboxings etc. Of course, the only copies available now will be going for stupid amounts on ebay etc, unless it was the standard game you wanted.

Unboxing pics here
    https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1724656/2017-war-ring-anniversary-edition-box-opening

Drive Thru video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdFdqIij7EM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Finally Got Splendor, Such a nice game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Korvanica wrote: »

Add on should be released later on this year.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Korvanica wrote: »

Had a great game of it with the family yesterday. Which is to say, I won. :P

If you like splendour you should also check out century spice road when it hits retail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ordered a copy of Mechs vs Minions last Monday and arrived there today.

Huge box. HOOOOOOOGE! Largest I had before were Shadows of Brimstone and the old World of Warcraft games but this is larger. And man is it packed, and the sheer quality of the inserts and components is startling considering the cost vs other games its size.

Hope to get a game started this weekend, problem is it has slight "legacy" elements in that each mission is sealed and add new parts tot he game as you go. Might just keep a post-it in each packet so can repackage if playing with multiple groups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Spartacus Blood On The Sand arrived today, from what Ive heard it seems like its great craic, had to take a chance with it going out of print.
    Just ordered Sons Of Anarchy too as I think its also out of print, got great reviews and is on £15 on Amazon

Just ordered Sons Of Anarchy too as I think its also out of print, got great reviews and is on £15 on Amazon

Thanks for the tip. Just got one for myself also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Since I last posted..............

pic3621105_md.jpg
    Ordered today ,lucky to get a copy.

pic212815_md.jpg
    Arrived from amazon last week ,hope to play this weekend.:)

pic3304124_md.png

I have played this a few times already ,and it seems to go down well with everyone.Lots of replayability and easy to teach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Bought Warhammer Underworlds Shadespire recently.

Really glad I finally made the plunge. The game is fast, simple, and full of small choices that offer a lot of challenge.

Only used the pre-built decks, however now I am looking forward to getting into the real core of the game; deck building.

Shadespire seems to offer a nice mixture of elements, deck building, area control, miniature combat, and character progression. All in a game that takes up little time and space. Which is ideal for those of us who can no longer devote hours to gaming.

The miniatures in the game are up to the high quality we have come accustomed to from GW. Luckily as the warbands have such a low model count it isn't a daunting task to get a force fully painted. Again, perfect for those of us who don't have as much free time.

Not too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Bit of a splurge this week 7 Wonders Duel, Caverna Cave v Cave, Agricola and Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective.
    Not the usual type of games I'd go for but wanted to mix things up a bit and had vouchers to cover nearly all the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got Camel Up and the expansion for my son's birthday, also got him Kingdomino. Looking forward to playing them now.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

Managed to get my hands on Imperial, a great game where you play as investors of the great powers of Europe just before the onset of WWI.

Also picked up Horus Heresy Betrayal at Calth, looking forward to getting that into the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Just got Android : Netrunner core set.

First CCG (well LCG) game and really enjoying it so far

Continuing to buy a few older games (since the we're new to the hobby) as well as some more recent ones. Over the past month we got Carcassonne, Queendomino, Celestia, Castle Panic and Colt Express. Think I'll probably get Ticket to Ride next since an awful lot of the "best of" lists I've read have it included.

Continuing to buy a few older games (since the we're new to the hobby) as well as some more recent ones. Over the past month we got Carcassonne, Queendomino, Celestia, Castle Panic and Colt Express. Think I'll probably get Ticket to Ride next since an awful lot of the "best of" lists I've read have it included.

Hi Tom,
    just so you know Ticket to Ride is a series of games some of which have different rules /components/difficulty . Although most don't have major differences in difficulty ,I would advise checking them out on BGG to see which you prefer.I think Markin version is the heaviest game wise along with ships and sails.

The anniversary edition has some cool components if you can snag a copy.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objecttype=boardgame&q=ticket+to+ride&B1=Go

Hi Tom,
    just so you know Ticket to Ride is a series of games some of which have different rules /components/difficulty . Although most don't have major differences in difficulty ,I would advise checking them out on BGG to see which you prefer.I think Markin version is the heaviest game wise along with ships and sails.

The anniversary edition has some cool components if you can snag a copy.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeksearch.php?action=search&objecttype=boardgame&q=ticket+to+ride&B1=Go

That anniversary edition looks lovely. Went for the standard original version in the end, think I'm addicted to board games. Nothing too in depth so far though.

That anniversary edition looks lovely. Went for the standard original version in the end, think I'm addicted to board games. Nothing too in depth so far though.

There are two aspects to boardgaming .Playing boardgames and collecting boardgames .You will know when your addict like the rest of us.You will have way more boardgames than you can possibly find the time to play.;)

Whatever you do ,DO NOT ever look at boardgames on kicktraq hotlist or on kickstarter ,as this will lead to a life of poverty and boardgames taking over your home.:(

Whatever you do ,DO NOT ever look at boardgames on kicktraq hotlist or on kickstarter ,as this will lead to a life of poverty and boardgames taking over your home.:(

Do it. Come to the dark side. Dark side is quicker, easier...

Just look at me. I am waiting for only 18 board games I pledged for.

It doesn't matter that i have good few boxed I did not open yet and good few more i did not have a time to play :)

But dark side.... Think about it.

• Advertisement

There are two aspects to boardgaming .Playing boardgames and collecting boardgames .You will know when your addict like the rest of us.You will have way more boardgames than you can possibly find the time to play.;)

Hehehe. Kickstarter is a curse I've already stumbled upon unfortunately, I've only backed a couple of cheapies so far, but I could see how it could become a problem alright. Keep looking at Villagers and Tiny Ninjas but have resisted up to now.

Advertisement