Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here when you buy a new game

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is winging its way to me

91dc3Pgf1pL._SL1500_.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There was a bit of a splurdge over christmas:

Settlers of Catan: Barbarians and Traders
    Ticket to Ride: Europa 1912
    Vegas Showdown
    Scotland Yard

Last one hasn't arrived yet but I felt like getting something old school :) Vegas Showdown is surprisingly good. It's half price in Gamersworld atm along with a bunch of other board games. SOC and TTR are solid as expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fengol

Picked up Netrunner + 1st Expansion, Gears of War and Ice Flows (random cheap purchase from 'The Works')

Only one I've played so far is Netrunner which is utterly fantastic. Always been a big TCG fan so knew I'd like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Netrunner is superb, easily the best LCG I reckon, between theme and design.

The Star Wars one is also worth checking out for a more straight-forward 'put out your guys and fight' style of LCG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Think I might buy netrunner this week.

Any expansions you think are necessary or are the basic decks interesting enough?

• Advertisement

osh wrote: »
    Think I might buy netrunner this week.

Any expansions you think are necessary or are the basic decks interesting enough?

The basic decks are good and will get you into it - the rulebook recommends you try Jinteki (Corp) vs Shaper (Runner) as the factions to try first, I would actually recommend trying Haas-Bioroid as the Corp deck as the Jinteki one is the 'tricky, mind games' faction which may not be best to go with first.

I would also recommend you pick up the first data pack 'What Lies Ahead' as it has an extra Agenda (the way of scoring points for each side) for each Corp in it which adds quite a bit of flexibility for how you make up a deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Rael

The basic decks are good and will get you into it - the rulebook recommends you try Jinteki (Corp) vs Shaper (Runner) as the factions to try first, I would actually recommend trying Haas-Bioroid as the Corp deck as the Jinteki one is the 'tricky, mind games' faction which may not be best to go with first.

I would also recommend you pick up the first data pack 'What Lies Ahead' as it has an extra Agenda (the way of scoring points for each side) for each Corp in it which adds quite a bit of flexibility for how you make up a deck.

Netrunner is such a fantastic game. Myself & my friend have been playing and learning the rules since October / November before we unleash our brand of special-ness on the unsuspecting regulars in Gamers World :)

I can see us being chased out on the grounds of being terrible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Cheers will go ahead and get it along with What Lies Ahead.

Hopefully get to try it out this weekend.

Picked up these two last night.

This was needed for a games night tonight that needed something simple that could accommodate a relatively large amount of players.

pic636868_md.jpg

This one was picked up entirely on a whim.

pic1365413_md.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Orlaw3136

Splurged :-

- Command & Colors : Napoleonics, plus the Spanish, Russian and Austrian Army expansions.

Plus a boat load of books on the era that I finally tracked down (Chandler for instance).

- Twilight Struggle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rzaba666

Lord of the Rings LCG + Hunt for Gollum + Conflict at the Carrock

pic906495_md.jpg

Kingdom Builder (swap for Neuroshima Hex!)

pic1152359_md.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Let me know what Kingdom Builder is like, I was tempted to get it, but I got Takenoko instead.

Oh btw, I got Takenoko

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭rzaba666

Let me know what Kingdom Builder is like, I was tempted to get it, but I got Takenoko instead.

Oh btw, I got Takenoko

it's just pretty easy game but fun and quick. You draw a card with terrain type and than must place 3 settlements on that terrain. Can be very random due to card draw and I need to check 2 cards draw variant. Each game is different as you can change board set up and each game you draw 3 different victory points condition cards. I like it

First Data Pack for Netrunner arrived today so I've ordered the second one. The time in between ordering and arriving should be plenty of time for me to get a few games in with the new cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Finally it has arrived ....

TurfMaster (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/384/turfmaster)

289863.JPG

289864.JPG

Hopefully this will help ease the pain of not being able to source a copy of Rallyman : Dirt :(

Well this and Leader 1 Hell of the North which is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭YoungPayters

Picked up some mini Add Ons for Carcassonne over christmas.
    The Ferries and The Gold Mines

Only 16 extra tiles, but some funky tiles made for some beautiful and intriqute looking maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cards against humanity dispatched today! :D

Cards against humanity dispatched today! :D

Where did you order it? Neither the official site or amazon.com will ship it outside the US, and amazon.co.uk won't ship it outside the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Where did you order it? Neither the official site or amazon.com will ship it outside the US, and amazon.co.uk won't ship it outside the UK?

I ordered it myself from amazon.co.uk and had that same issue. I used parcel motel and it was delivered to their uk depot and I just picked it up at a local parcel motel here in limerick a couple of days later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

brianon wrote: »
    I ordered it myself from amazon.co.uk and had that same issue. I used parcel motel and it was delivered to their uk depot and I just picked it up at a local parcel motel here in limerick a couple of days later :D

^ This is exactly what I did. :)

• Advertisement

Needed some new games that could suit 8 players for this weeks game night so I picked these up at Warpcon at the weekend.

Space Cadets: Dice Duel

pic1650556_md.png

Resistance: Avalon

pic1398895_md.jpg

The original Resistance always goes down well so Avalon seemed like the perfect choice. Dice Duel was picked up following recommendations from 'The Dice Tower' and 'Shut Up and Sit Down'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Risk Legacy at Christmas. 5 games in now and it is seriously enjoyable. And getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Got Smash Up and Dungeon Petz recently. Still trying to wrap my head around Dungeon Petz, but Smash Up, as predicted, is a quality game.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

A Study in Emerald! Been looking forward to this one!

Thoroughly enjoyed Knavecon once again in Limerick yesterday. I highly recommend more boardies go to the next one; you are missing out big time.

Over the 13 hours of gaming I managed to get in games of Smash Up, Agricola, 7 Wonders, Alhambra, Dixit, Pirate Fluxx, Zombie Dice, King of Tokyo and BloodBowl, as well as multiple games of Pędzące Zółwie, Coup, Tsuro, and Cards Against Humanity, while also been introduced to the delightful Dobble by the Board Game Guys.

Hope to see you all next time.

Bought Infiltration from Fantasy Flight

Also picked up

Dobble and Collosus Area at Knavecon for €5 !

Actually talking about crazy ass sales the following was sold at Knavecon second hand (but in perfect condition)

War of the Ring €30
    Fury of Dracula €20
    Last night on Earth and two expansions €40
    OLD copy of Britannia €30

MrTimewalk wrote: »
    Actually talking about crazy ass sales the following was sold at Knavecon second hand (but in perfect condition)

War of the Ring €30
    Fury of Dracula €20
    Last night on Earth and two expansions €40
    OLD copy of Britannia €30

Was gonna buy that War of the Ring and all but when I went back to get a price it was gone. €30 is steal for that game.

Picked up

Colossal Arena €5! at Knavecon

also got

Augustus
    Infiltration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Managed to scrape 15 minutes out of the madness of Saturday to scurry into Knavecon. Looked like I was missing a great time. Browsed the wares and picked up Ticket To Ride. After hitting the 1k mark between the phone and Steam versions, I figured it was time to splash on an actual copy. Had a great time introducing it to three newbies that night.

Very nearly, again, fell into the X-Wing hole. One day, I'll end up starting into that game, and I'll have some serious overtime to do make up for the amount of money I'll lose to it.

Advertisement