Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 6, Episode 10 - "The Girl Who Waited"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Really enjoyed that episode. Thought it was one of the better ones from this series. Was really surpised when the doc locked the door on older Amy.
    Didn't really see it coming but then what else was he going to do.
    I don't think Rory could handle two wives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I don't think Rory could handle two wives.

I hear digging, but I don't hear chopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Cyndaquil

Finally got to see this on BBC3's repeat Friday night. Good episode. Seems to suggest that timelines can be changed, wonder will we see this come into play with regards to the Doctor's "death"? Another idea occured to me: older Amy lived out "her life", and was not automatically erased when younger Amy was removed from the timeline. Bit of a wild one here, but I wonder could this come into play with River Song/Melody? Although I'm quite content with River being destined to die when she meets the 10th Doctor, if there can be two different timelines for Amy, in theory this leaves it open for two different timelines for Melody/River. One being her "original" (destined to die after meeting 10) timeline, another involving her younger self being returned to Amy and Rory.

This occurred to me while pondering something else, at some point Amy and Rory will probably leave the Doctor. With Rose and Donna this was under particularly sad/forced circumstances, Martha left of her own accord. I was trying to envisage how Amy and Rory might leave him under non-tragic or forced circumstances, the most obvious conclusion would be that they would leave so that they could raise a family, maybe in the end Melody is returned to them, plucked out of her original timeline, whilst not necessarily compromising it either as the events of "The Girl Who Waited" suggest that it might be possible for one individual to have to co-existent timelines.

That said, I would be happy to leave it has it is. But I still can't get around how Amy and Rory have "moved on" from their child's loss so easily. In this episode they are again perfectly happy to go about frolicking on adventures with the Doctor without a care in the world. Yeah, so they know she has Time Lord abilities and grows up to be a friend. But all the same, wouldn't parental instincts overrule all of this? I wonder is there more yet to be revealed about Amy's pregnancy, we still haven't seen exactly when she was "swapped" and it seems a bit strange (though possible I guess) that neither herself or Rory displayed any prior knowledge of the pregnancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wantabike

Totally agree with you Ridley. Best episode yet. I can't bear that new goofy, manic doctor, so it was good to have an episode where he played a minimal part. Does anyone else find that he speaks way too quickly to always catch what he says?
    He has lines he says, but there's no real contact between him and others. He doesn't know how to deliver real presence. Remember how amazing the last doctor was! Matt is like the silly doctors of yore.

wantabike wrote: »
    Totally agree with you Ridley. Best episode yet. I can't bear that new goofy, manic doctor, so it was good to have an episode where he played a minimal part. Does anyone else find that he speaks way too quickly to always catch what he says?
    He has lines he says, but there's no real contact between him and others. He doesn't know how to deliver real presence. Remember how amazing the last doctor was! Matt is like the silly doctors of yore.

Oh dear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

That has to be a troll. No one espousing the wonders of Tennant could call Smith "manic" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

David Tennant WAS So BRILLIANT. Like so so human. In a way that only humans could portray a Timelord. You. beautiful. brilliant. human actor you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wantabike

Right on Stark! David Tennant is a great actor. Matt Smith isn't that good at all. He acts from his head and isn't very good with emoting or making contact. He speeds through his lines and rushes about the set like he's had about 100 cups of coffee! I can't wait for the next doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

wantabike wrote: »
    Right on Stark! David Tennant is a great actor. Matt Smith isn't that good at all. He acts from his head and isn't very good with emoting or making contact. He speeds through his lines and rushes about the set like he's had about 100 cups of coffee! I can't wait for the next doctor.

Trolling, Trolling, Trolling, Keep them doggies Trolling.

Advertisement