Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to a refund from Irish Ferries?

Options
  • 09-09-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

I'm after booking a ferry for Sunday to Holyhead but it looks like it will now be cancelled due to weather. The thing is, this ferry is the only one that is suitable for me. I wont be able to get the other ones during the day

I rang asking what the likely hood of it actually being cancelled will be and if a refund is possible. They told me that it isn't possible, but to chose a different sailing.

Am I entitled to a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

I'm after booking a ferry for Sunday to Holyhead but it looks like it will now be cancelled due to weather. The thing is, this ferry is the only one that is suitable for me. I wont be able to get the other ones during the day

I rang asking what the likely hood of it actually being cancelled will be and if a refund is possible. They told me that it isn't possible, but to chose a different sailing.

Am I entitled to a refund?
    what do the TOCs you agreed to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This is from the email
    Notes:
    1. SAILING INFORMATION - Check latest 24hour sailing information BEFORE leaving. Online at: www.irishferries.com, on +353 (0)818 300400 or +44 (0)8717 300400.
    2. CHANGE BOOKING – To VIEW, CHANGE (subject to Amendment Rules), REPRINT Booking Confirmation or UPDATE Personal Details, use ‘Manage Your Booking’ at www.irishferries.com.
    3. DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL TIMES are quoted as Local Times. Note arrival times are for guidance only. Please allow a little extra time for berthing and unloading.
    4. CHECK-IN TIMES: IRISH SEA routes: Motorists; Foots and Motorcycles - 30 mins before departure. IRELAND – FRANCE routes: Motorists and Foots: 60 mins before departure; Motorcycles: 90 mins before departure. Passengers travelling with guide dogs or pets 120 mins before departure.
    5. RESERVATIONS - GB: 08717 300400. R.O.I.: 0818 300400: FRANCE: +33 (0)1 70720326 Hours Mon-Fri 09.00 – 19.00 and Sat 09.00 – 16.00. N.IRL and INT'L: +353 818 300400. Call Ports out of office hours.
    6. PORT OFFICES: Holyhead +44 8717 300200; Dublin +353 1 6075519; Pembroke +44 8717 300500; Rosslare +353 53 9133158, Cherbourg +33 2 33234444, Roscoff +33 2 98611717.
    7. INSURANCE – Passengers are advised to take out sufficient personal and/or vehicle travel insurance.
    8. AMENDMENT FEES - There is no amendment fee for changes to passenger names, vehicle details or cabin accommodation. Fees and fare increases may apply to all other changes. See details at: www.irishferries.com.
    9. CANCELLATION FEES – Motorists - All routes: Cancellations incur a charge. See www.irishferries.com for details. If travel dates are amended and the booking is then subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee is based on the original date of outward travel. Foot passenger fares are non refundable.
    10. FLEXIBILITY OPTION – No amendment fees (apart from any fare increase) and reduced cancellation fees apply. See www.irishferries.com for details.
    11. REFUNDS – No refunds - where bookings are amended and the total price of the new fare is lower than the original fare; on any booking after travel has commenced; on transfers from fast ferry to cruise ferry due to weather condition; on any unused portion of a ticket.
    12. PROMOTIONAL AND SALE FARES - may attract special terms and conditions, with special amendment and cancellation charges. Details will be listed at www.irishferries.com over the course of the offer booking period. Sale Fares are valid for NEW BOOKINGS only. Fares may change and Irish Ferries reserves the right to introduce new offer and promotional fares without prior notice.
    13. PASSPORTS AND VISAS - Pre-departure boarding of an Irish Ferries vessel is conditional on the passenger(s) being in possession of valid documentation to comply with the immigration laws of the country of destination. This is the personal responsibility of the passenger. Irish Ferries shall also be entitled to recover from the passenger(s) all fines and/or other costs incurred on it by reason of the passenger's failure to produce immigration documentation satisfactory to the relevant authorities.
    14. ANY QUESTIONS? Email bookings@irishferries.com, quoting booking reference shown above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

After shooting an email off to them and they got back to me pretty promptly. They are now saying that I will be eligible for a refund if the alternatives don't suit. That sorts that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I drove back to Pembroke a few years ago to come home only to be told the ferry was cancelled due to a death in the port. They refunded the whole trip as I had to drive to Fishguard to the Stena and I received a 50 Pound voucher in the post a month later..:)

Advertisement