Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice smelling pipe tobacco

• 09-09-2011 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

Does the flavoured tobacco stop you smelling "like a chimney"? I like smoking the pipe the odd time, but like the quite life, so less nagging helps towards that :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

there are loads of what are called aromatic blends. they are tobaccos mixed with "casings" that is to say flavourings added. these can smell from anything from vinialla to cherry and to varying degrees of strength.
    however they rarely taste like what they smell.

petersons stock one called conniseurs choice that in my very limited experience is the nicesest smelling smoke and my non smoker wife agrees.

avoid a aromatic blend called clan btw i have never heard anything good about it.

aromatics tend to smoke hotter and weter than there uncased cousins and some may leave a "ghost" or a residual flavour on your pipe. call into foxes on college green as they have big jars of there house blends you can sniff and they sell small bags for under €8 to try as opposed to petersons who only sell tins of 50g for around the €18 mark.

that siad id still recomend the coinnesures choice.

please excuse my spelling

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

call into foxes on college green as they have big jars of there house blends you can sniff and they sell small bags for under €8
    Do they still do that? I used to nasally browse the jars on a regular basis, but then one day they weren't just inside the door any more. Whereabouts in the shop are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

behind the counter in front of the weighing scales they have a few large brown jars that the fellow handed me to smell when i was having a look around.
    btw foxes celtic mix not great in my opinion

Advertisement