Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats in need of an outdoor home

• 09-09-2011 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    I am posting to this forum in the hope that some animal lovers out there might be able to give me some help or advice. I live in east Galway. [FONT=verdana,geneva,Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]A few months ago I started to leave out food for a stray cat who had moved into a neighbours shed with her two small kittens; they were all badly in need of food and I felt sorry for them. The kittens are now about 6 months old. I borrowed a trap from a local vet and managed to catch them all and have two of them neutered. (one of the kittens was too small to operate on, will try again in a few weeks), so at least now there won't be any more kittens. In the long term I can not look after 3 cats. I have a very small garden and am very concerned for my young daughter as the kittens are leaving a lot of faeces in the grass. Also, a lot of our neighbours are very unhappy with the situation and I am worried that something nasty could happen to the cats. I can manage the mother cat but would love to find somewhere safer and more suitable for her two kittens. I have contacted GSPCA and Galway Cat Rescue but both groups seem to be overstretched and haven't been able to help me. The kittens seem healthy and look to be in good condition (both are black and white). They are not at all tame but they would make good farm cats. If I can't find anywhere for them to go I should probably have to get them put down to prevent something less humane happening to them, but I would hate to do this as they are perfectly healthy nice animals. Is there anyone out there with a large garden or farm where the cats would be welcome? Both will be neutered and could be delivered to a new home. Thanks for reading.
    D.
    [/FONT]

Comments

Advertisement