Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appointment scheduler with SMS reminder

Options
  • 09-09-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I am looking for a system to allow scheduling of various jobs/appointments for clients with an automated SMS reminder.

Needs to be suitable for a driving school with allocation of vehicles, instructors and recording the clients individual history.

I have tested the one on www.drivingschoolonline.co.uk but it is very cumbersome to use and does not offer SMS.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I don't know any off hand but have you thought of getting a custom system built? Would you have any budget for that. Seems quite specific, the requirements you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

As noted a custom built application would be best. However if the budget does not stretch to that, find a good scheduling application and then talk to one of the many SMS companies about what formats they accept for scheduling messages.

This is going to be far easier to do if you see the scheduling and the SMS as essentially two different services.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Quayman

Thanks for the custom built suggestions, but no budget for this.

There are a number of systems used for beauty & hair salons and also some for medical appointments, so I think I will research these a little more to see if any can be modified at source.

More suggestions welcome. I will update also when I have more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Quayman wrote: »
    Thanks for the custom built suggestions, but no budget for this.

There are a number of systems used for beauty & hair salons and also some for medical appointments, so I think I will research these a little more to see if any can be modified at source.

More suggestions welcome. I will update also when I have more info.

They probably wouldn't even need to be modified, just look for one that exports details of the appointments in excel/csv/whatever format.

Then open an account with an SMS provider who allows you to automatically schedule messages with such a import.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Do you have outlook? It has a calendar function and also an SMS add in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Google calander has SMS function.

Might be worth a look.

Advertisement