Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mall Closed

• 09-09-2011 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I was down in by the park trying to the to the quay. It was 3.00pm so I figured its just busy because of the schools. I tried the shortcut down Catherine St and on to Bowe St that was jammed too. It turns out the Mall is closed by guards and traffic is directed at the junction by Traffic Corps.
    There seemed to be lots of people walking towards Harveys from the Mall wearing something like pink ribbon around their necks. There was also some promo girls dressed in pink racing outfits.
    Anyone know whats going on down there :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Hi All

I was down in by the park trying to the to the quay. It was 3.00pm so I figured its just busy because of the schools. I tried the shortcut down Catherine St and on to Bowe St that was jammed too. It turns out the Mall is closed by guards and traffic is directed at the junction by Traffic Corps.
    There seemed to be lots of people walking towards Harveys from the Mall wearing something like pink ribbon around their necks. There was also some promo girls dressed in pink racing outfits.
    Anyone know whats going on down there :D

Cannonball 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks maybe I should have pretended to be in the Gumball race and zip around the roads to avoid the traffic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

A loada balls is what it is :L

Was on the bus 50 minutes, still late for work, grr grr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Kitty_Ears wrote: »
    A loada balls is what it is :mad:

I agree :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Load of silly heads blowing horns and making a show, congesting the roads >_< Grrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

a load of nobracers poncing around in their "souped" up motors 1/2 fu*ki#g hour to get from clock tower to the tower hotel. traffic management plan 2 cops on their scooters....
    theres plenty of places these nobs could have went like b&q or old waterford crystal carpark than to make everyone late for work and the school runs... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

load a balls is exactly what it was!! took me 20 mins to get from manor village to bunker's hill. :mad::mad::mad: I was fit to strangle someone!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hoffmans wrote: »
    a load of nobracers poncing around in their "souped" up motors 1/2 fu*ki#g hour to get from clock tower to the tower hotel. traffic management plan 2 cops on their scooters....
    theres plenty of places these nobs could have went like b&q or old waterford crystal carpark than to make everyone late for work and the school runs... :mad:

Not really an accurate statement since it was a charity run and during that time there was more money parked on that street & in bolton street then most of this city is worth.
    Plus very rare for people around here to see Lambos, proper Porches(not boxters), Ferraris, R8s or a Rolls Phantom. Never mind all at the same time.

Although I did have to pity some poor girl. Couldnt have been more then 18/19, L plates up and in and old fiesta. She pulled out of the car park on the quay and after a few seconds was surrounded by 2 ferraris and an R8. She looked terrified :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Ledger wrote: »
    load a balls is exactly what it was!! took me 20 mins to get from manor village to bunker's hill. :mad::mad::mad: I was fit to strangle someone!!!!

Oh boo hoo... I had to come out of work the same time but just went a different way. Took me 5 mins longer than usual.

Tis great to see cars like that in the city and its for a good cause. As for putting it out in B&Q then people would be bitching about the decline of the city centre.

Pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

Boo Hoo it was well advertised that it would be closed n there are plenty other ways around the city. It really annoys me that people give out about things that bring some excitement to the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

suppose if some of the "boo hores" & z list infatauants were stuck in the mess for an hour they might have a different perspective...........

THEY HAD NO BUSINESS PONCING INTO TOWN CLOSING OF A PART OF THE N25 FOR 2HOURS ,ALSO DIDNT SEE ANY OF THEM PONCING WITH COLLECTION BOXES FOR WHICHEVER CHARITY or did they have paid gophers doing the leg work ....?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

But they did pay a fair bit to enter it. Don't see the issue with it, was well known about beforehand and has been as plenty of ways around it.

shanemul wrote: »
    Boo Hoo it was well advertised that it would be closed n there are plenty other ways around the city. It really annoys me that people give out about things that bring some excitement to the city

i never saw 1 advert to say it was going to be closed. i dont live in the city, i just work here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Hoffmans wrote: »
    suppose if some of the "boo hores" & z list infatauants were stuck in the mess for an hour they might have a different perspective...........

THEY HAD NO BUSINESS PONCING INTO TOWN CLOSING OF A PART OF THE N25 FOR 2HOURS ,ALSO DIDNT SEE ANY OF THEM PONCING WITH COLLECTION BOXES FOR WHICHEVER CHARITY or did they have paid gophers doing the leg work ....?

They paid 700-odd euro EACH to the charity to be in the run.

I don't understand the bitchiness; roads have been closed for lesser reasons before.

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Should have got out and walked.

marlin vs wrote: »
    Should have got out and walked.

To new Ross? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

To new Ross? No.

manor village to bunkers hill ya said. when did bunkers hill relocate?

ah dont mind me, Im annoying everyone today but ya can see where the other poster got confused?

seanybiker wrote: »
    manor village to bunkers hill ya said. when did bunkers hill relocate?

ah dont mind me, Im annoying everyone today but ya can see where the other poster got confused?

Yea i got off the cork road at bunker's hill and proceeded to New Ross. Better?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

It was advertised in local Media, it was also posted up here 2 weeks ago (by me), the drivers paid to enter and that went to charity and on the day there was collections for charity, i was down there and saw nothing but families and people enjoying the day, even the Garda were taking time out to enjoy the day while keeping the crowd safe and under control.

The drivers all seemed very sound and i saw no trouble or anything.. all very fun themed

People whinge when nothing happens in this town, and they whinge when things do happen so you cant win, best off just getting on with it!

I along with a lot of other people enjoyed the event, well worth knocking off work an hour earlier ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement