Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geology Info please

Options
  • 09-09-2011 4:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi, been lurking here for a while and have decided to do geography as my major, only in 2nd year and am doing physical geog as well as economic geog. Loving both mods so far.
    I was wondering if there were any websites that would give me more information on the Burren and the Annascaul areas that were a little more technical than the general stuff you get when you google??
    I'm trying to get a headstart on reading for my fieldtrip, I'm assuming that most of the stuff I need to know is rock types, formations etc...
    Any pointers??
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Hi, been lurking here for a while and have decided to do geography as my major, only in 2nd year and am doing physical geog as well as economic geog. Loving both mods so far.
    I was wondering if there were any websites that would give me more information on the Burren and the Annascaul areas that were a little more technical than the general stuff you get when you google??
    I'm trying to get a headstart on reading for my fieldtrip, I'm assuming that most of the stuff I need to know is rock types, formations etc...
    Any pointers??
    thanks

Have you contacted GSI? You could get the publications that accompany the relevant maps for those areas, or you could drop into the public office in Beggars Bush and have a look. If contacting them, have a look at this link. I'd suggest Markus.

Advertisement