Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hit&Run victim - I need help identifying a make and model

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

i work in sandyford and see a skoda felicia pickup at about half 5 or 6. see it about once a week, its white with a youngish guy driving and its around 99 or 00 i think. im not saying he has anything to do with this of course. im new to this kinda thing so could somebody put up a pic of the felicia pickup? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

garclo wrote: »
    im new to this kinda thing so could somebody put up a pic of the felicia pickup? cheers

ottostreet wrote: »
    403_feliciapick-up1995.jpg
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/2262580

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2508420

I'm not suggesting its either of these but it might give you a better idea if they are what your looking for....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

In your place I'd be sitting at that junction for a week solid from 5:45 to 6:45. Odds are he works around there somewhere and finishes at the same time every day (possibly).

If he passes you again, get the reg and call the Gardai. Don't confront him.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

In your place I'd be sitting at that junction for a week solid from 5:45 to 6:45. Odds are he works around there somewhere and finishes at the same time every day (possibly).

give it a fortnight, in-case he works shift and only finishes/passes through at that time every other week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

OP, I fear you are going to have to do the investigating on this one yourself.

The Cops are too lazy.

You should check CCTV in the locality, find something and then present it to the local Gardai.

Sadly that is the case.

Even then don't get your hopes up. My experience in a similar case was not good, I supplied the CCTV images, identified the culprits, Humm maybe this, maybe that.

I raided the culprets and reclaimed my stuff.

Got a visit the next day re Burglary...

Give me a break...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

ScrumPox - probably a stupid question but did you happen to see a dealership sticker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

cofy wrote: »
    ScrumPox - probably a stupid question but did you happen to see a dealership sticker?

i think a dealership sticker would be very pointless to be honest.

my dads car has "Crumlin XXXXXXX" on it but my dad bought it privately and the guy he bought it off also bought it privately.

i say its useless because its such an old car.

if it was a recent car like my own then you are on to something there but it might also be up to the dealer weather to release information like that for privacy reasons and so on.

i'd say have a gander around the area for cameras and the luas people would have a camera or 2 at their stops ... maybe ask them too.

would like to hear more on this and hope it works out for the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

OP , you said it was modified, any site stickers on it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

robbie_998 wrote: »
    i think a dealership sticker would be very pointless to be honest.

my dads car has "Crumlin XXXXXXX" on it but my dad bought it privately and the guy he bought it off also bought it privately.

i say its useless because its such an old car.

if it was a recent car like my own then you are on to something there but it might also be up to the dealer weather to release information like that for privacy reasons and so on.

i'd say have a gander around the area for cameras and the luas people would have a camera or 2 at their stops ... maybe ask them too.

would like to hear more on this and hope it works out for the OP.
    Sorry, I thought I could be of help, I used to work in a dealership. The information like the year, colour, number of doors, when I worked there would be enough to identify the vehicle (the gardai would have checked this out) then again, its so long since I worked there, you may be right, computer systems are updated so frequently, maybe this type of search is no longer possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Surely if the Guards do a search of the vehicle database with the following variables no more than 10 cars will match?

Year: 00-01
    County: offaly
    Colour: White
    Type: pickup (or whatever category they fall in to)

And if any of them are registered to an address in Dublin, all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Surely if the Guards do a search of the vehicle database with the following variables no more than 10 cars will match?

Yes, surely...

...unfortunately I think this post says it all:
    Fishtits wrote: »
    OP, I fear you are going to have to do the investigating on this one yourself.

The Cops are too lazy.

You should check CCTV in the locality, find something and then present it to the local Gardai.

Sadly that is the case.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

scrumpox...keep an eye on the likes of donedeal adverts and other car /modified car sites in the for sale section...this little cnut could panick and try to offload it...if he does...BINGO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

sorry I can't link to pics cause I'm on my phone but Google some images for a 'Nissan 1400' and Nissan Sunny 1400. they're usually heavily modified but keep getting facelifts so its hard to tell spot if it was one.

not sure they were used or made outside of South Africa or maybe Japan so it could explain the plates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

There's about 5000 OY -registered vehicles from 2000 and 2001, over to www.cartell.ie or www.motorcheck.ie and get to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I'm open to correction on this but I'm pretty certain the Felicia pickup was never retailed here as such and was usually imported second hand. Assuming it was one of those, then it shouldn't be too difficult to track down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SheroN1

What happens if you track the guy down? Surely he'll just deny it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Hope you manage to track him down, any luck with cctv from local businesses
    or would the traffic watch camera's have some footage of he's car going onto the
    motorway thats if the keep the recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I think I recall a 00 OY reg white Felicia pickup for sale in Limerick about 2 months ago in a garage down the road from me,can't be too many of them about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Check out this profile pic from adverts.

Similarish car...

YmRkOWVhNmRhZDA3MTM5MDg0OGY2ZmZkMmRkMTM2OTQuzjN1qo64HIh4z-NhrXFwaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNzc5ZDdmOWJiOGM1OGJlMTBiYjE1OGI3YTdkOTMzZjI2MjU5MzVlZWNiZWQ5ZGFkYjgzZjUxNmQ3OGY3Y2NkNS5qcGd8fHx8fDgwfHx8fHw=.jpg

Probably a longshot but he was looking for a mechanic on here recently, most likely to do with pre existing condition as it was originally an older post.

Sorry to jayster if it wasn't you :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

That is a VW type 147 Caddy - newest that could be is 1991 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ScrumPox

He was driving on the lane to the right of mine when he turned into me so the front left of his pickup would have been damaged. I'm hoping it was plenty damaged.

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    sorry I can't link to pics cause I'm on my phone but Google some images for a 'Nissan 1400' and Nissan Sunny 1400. they're usually heavily modified but keep getting facelifts so its hard to tell spot if it was one.

not sure they were used or made outside of South Africa or maybe Japan so it could explain the plates?
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/2262580

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2508420

I'm not suggesting its either of these but it might give you a better idea if they are what your looking for....

Thanks for these... I don't think the skoda pickup matches the car that hit me. While the rear window in the cab comes close, the skoda looks taller in the cab than the one that hit me. Also, the tailgate was plain and smooth, all white on the one that hit me and I'm sure it had square plate area rather than the long one on the skoda.

cofy wrote: »

It's a good question but no, unfortunately no distinct badges or stickers. I thought this was unusual in itself. The rear was all white and smooth: no badges, embossed metal ridges, nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sounds like it was modified hence the de-badging and slammed hence you thinking it was very small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I read the OP's post again and thought of a modded Honda CRX I saw ages ago turned into a "pickup" of sorts. It would fit with jap import and no badges and the square plate.
    Google only shows one on a youtube vid

Mute the sound before it plays!
    Skip to 1min for rear view without the cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭bman1

but sure crx's were never produced up to 00 reg were they, open to correction.... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

bman1 wrote: »
    but sure crx's were never produced up to 00 reg were they, open to correction.... ?

Good point, 98 according to wiki...thought it was a good bit later. Recall seeing del sols in the US that looked brand new in 01-02.

All out of ideas here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

any update op
    stopped in a car park today to check out caddy pickup
    new passenger front wing
    00 mn reg
    replacement front bumper in the back
    white tailgate
    really thought i found it for you
    checked back on your thread and your looking for a white one(this one is red with white tailgate so it looks white from behind)
    sorry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

meercat wrote: »
    any update op
    stopped in a car park today to check out caddy pickup
    new passenger front wing
    00 mn reg
    replacement front bumper in the back
    white tailgate
    really thought i found it for you
    checked back on your thread and your looking for a white one(this one is red with white tailgate so it looks white from behind)
    sorry

saw that yesterday on the n7 with no tailgate , must have been going to get it

Advertisement