Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Johnny & Jimmy (GBFM) saving Galways Roundabouts

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Totally agree Ciotog, I used to cycle through it and got many punctures from all the Broken bottles there too. The worse the weather gets you'll find them sheltering in there more often.

Ya there is always glass there. I avoid it like the plague when on the bike.
    @muppetkiller if your going to continue to use this tunnell, make sure your tyre's are pumped to the max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Ya there is always glass there. I avoid it like the plague when on the bike.
    @muppetkiller if your going to continue to use this tunnell, make sure your tyre's are pumped to the max.

I know that point is OT, but does serious pumping really make a difference.

I bought a floor pump recently and went to 7 bar (spec on tyre says 8-8.5 but I didn't want to go that far).

Great for speed etc, but will it protect me from glass?

Not that I ever seek out those glass strewn tunnels or cycle paths...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I know that point is OT, but does serious pumping really make a difference.

I bought a floor pump recently and went to 7 bar (spec on tyre says 8-8.5 but I didn't want to go that far).

Great for speed etc, but will it protect me from glass?

Not that I ever seek out those glass strewn tunnels or cycle paths...

Yup. If you have soft tyres the rubber has more give and will actually pinch the glass(same goes for small sharp stones).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

ciotog wrote: »
    I've found the one under the Briarhill roundabout has more people drinking there earlier in the evening lately. It's unlit and I am sometimes a bit nervous about it. There are ways to address the perception of safety but it also wouldn't hurt to have some gardai pass through there at some points of an evening.

Sorry, should have clarified I was talking only about bridges, fixed the original post.

I agree totally with your points about the Briarhill tunnel, the locals never agreed with it and many predicted the issues that are regularly seen there.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

So anyone know what happenend at tonight's Council meeting? Did they take a vote on the matter or did they kick it to touch??

• Advertisement

http://www.facebook.com/GalwayAdvertiser
    Council give green light to convert two more roundabouts to lights - Font and Morris.

Advertisement