If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions

Options
  • 09-09-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

More Questions!
    Hi Chris/ all at Richer Sounds,
    I was just following up that original query... would you have any advice about a surround sound speakers for a Samsung Tv, nothing too crazy, just four speakers in the corners of the room please?
    Do you have any good value 28/32'' approx. TV and a left hand arm for the wall, Saorview/ equivalent is important though?
    Also the Humax Foxsat HDR box I assume is the quoted price £229.95? It records only the channels that it receives though its own box...i.e. not saorview? I assume there is not an equivalent box that can record saorview and satellite in such a user friendly fashion? We shall be paying in Euro also but all would have to be delivered as we are in Cork,
    thanks in advance Amy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Amy,

Thanks for getting in touch again.

You'd need an amp to power the speakers in your room, we do offer a few all in one solutions that might work well for you. Check out the Onkyo amp and 5.1 speaker pack in the link below:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/1-box-home-cinema-systems/onkyo/hts3405/onky-hts3405-blk

This is a very simple but good system, would give you surround sound. Also very easy to use.

We don't stock at 28" TVs. Our best 32" deal at the moment is the Philips 32" PFL5605 priced at £329.95. See the link below for more info:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056370107

The TV is near the bottom of the first post. A swivel bracket for this would cost you £59.95.

Check out the Humax T2 HD box, it can pick up Saorview, it does have issues with subtitles and series links it seems though. It could be a solution for you though. Check out the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/freeview-freesat-pvr/humax/hdr-foxt2/huma-fox-t2-hdr

I hope this has helped, if you have any more questions just ask. :)

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 6 amylh

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the post, I didnt see a price on the speakers though the link?
    Just to clarify, that Humax T2 HD box records/has 8 day onscreen guide in both saorview and Satellite?
    Does it actually have the series link OR are there problems with the series link?
    ...Series link would be nice, pros and cons time!
    Thanks Amy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Amy.

The series link facility does have issues along with the subtitles.

The issue is that the Humax box is Saorview certified so therefore is not guaranteed to work.

We do know that it does work and in terms of recording etc it has no issues. It's more down to the extra streams that it needs like the series link and subtitles.

The EPG works fine on the Humax for both that we know of.

http://www.techtir.ie/saortv/saorview

The difficulty that we have is that the Humax is a UK freeview HD box that works with Saorview, but we can't guarantee that it's always going to work and that it will work 100% as the product is not Saorview certified.

I hope this helps, but we do offer a 7 day refund policy for distance purchases to if the product does live up to expectations, then we can refund it on return.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.