Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homepayments

Options
  • 09-09-2011 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anyone heard from homepayments as to when they will pay its clients money back to them. I rang their helpline and was told that the Banks and Revenue will be paid first. How can they use clients money to pay their debts, surely its time to take a stand and get an injunction against them from using clients money for this purpose. Anyone interested let me know and we can see how to go from there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,553 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Your an unsecured creditor. You will never get an injunction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

VeraMur wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from homepayments as to when they will pay its clients money back to them. I rang their helpline and was told that the Banks and Revenue will be paid first. How can they use clients money to pay their debts, surely its time to take a stand and get an injunction against them from using clients money for this purpose. Anyone interested let me know and we can see how to go from there
    Unfortunately like many people my old dear included your basically screwed mate the chances of getting anything back from these <SNIP> is practically zero,if i had my way they would be sent to jail but as i type they are probably <SNIP> while normal people who's money <SNIP> struggle to make ends meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Revenue and banks are what are known as secured creditors and they receive the first bite of the cherry when a business fails. Unsecured creditors come last and are lucky to receive anything.

To change this, you would have to change the law of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 VeraMur

How can we be creditors when we didn't buy anything???? we gave our money to pay our bills we didn't buy any products

• Registered Users Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭whippet

How can we be creditors when we didn't buy anything???? we gave our money to pay our bills we didn't buy any products

a creditor is anyone who is owed money ... you fall in to the unsecured creditor section and as such will be last in line to get money back when secured creditors are paid.

unfortunately this is the way business works. I am working for a SME who has had a number of customers go bust on us in the last few years and debts to the tune of €300,000 disappeared overnight ... not as much as a cent did we get back. Bitter pill to swallow, but swallow it we had to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement